What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

b_lombok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to start use IPAD 2 Verizon (i really confuse) ? it is unlocked for worldwide include indonesia ?at the time i activate the ipad 2, it appears the sign of itunes

Reaction score
b_lombok said:
how to start use IPAD 2 Verizon (i really confuse) ? it is unlocked for worldwide include indonesia ?at the time i activate the ipad 2, it appears the sign of itunes

The iPad, or any iOS device for that matter, has to be connected and activated once via iTunes. All you have to do is connect it to your PC and start iTunes.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold down the sleep key at the told of the iPad and press the home button to take a screenshot which is added to the samera roll.

** Never mind, someone else posted this... ;)

]Hold down the sleep key at the told of the iPad... what is the "Told"

please edit so I know what you are talking about

b_lombok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys, sorry post question too much, does verizon model in IPAD 2 have chips slot ? *like the GSM have a sim card slot ?because i cant find one..

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
b_lombok said:
hi guys, sorry post question too much, does verizon model in IPAD 2 have chips slot ? *like the GSM have a sim card slot ?because i cant find one..

No, the ATT version is the only one with a slot for a gsm card. Unfortunately you got the wrong version.

Vulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a tip ... but a caution. Ok, call it a "cautionary tip'.

If you use "Penultimate" .. and enable "wrist protection" ... it will not work ... IF, under the main iPad settings has the following option enabled .... "Settings->Accessibility->Zoom". You should disable that Zoom option. Default is "OFF" and I had turned it on because it allowed me much greater zoom control ... but that messed up my Penultimate app !

Reaction score
How to synchronize files automatically between Goodreader and a folder on your PC/Mac over wifi, but without internet access.

1) Setting up goodreader as a network drive (this will make the goodreader folder appear as a hard drive on your computer).

On Windows 7, this can be done as followed. (Instead of browsing to the folder, add the IP address Goodreader shows when you open Wifi-Transfer)
www.itechtalk.com/thread3673.html
On Mac, instructions can be found here:
www.goodreader.net/gr-man-tr-wifi-mac.html

At this stage the goodreader network drive can be used pretty much as a thumb drive, so you can copy/cut/move folders/files to your liking.

For syncing, programs such as Allway Sync can be used.
For setting up Allway Sync:
1) Open it, then Add new Job (Ctrl+N)
2) On the left half browse to a document folder (all documents placed in that folder will synchronize onto the iPad)
3) On the right half browse to the goodreader network drive

Now, whenever you start Wifi-Transfer in Goodreader and run Allway Sync, you only have to press Synchronize and all data between the two folders is synchronized.

This is pretty much a copy of the instructions I had posted in another thread.

Last edited:

MARU VALDES

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am travelling to Europe, Germany, Prague, Budapest, Swiss, Italy, London, Paris, Oslo and Stokholm. What brand of SIM would fit me best? Which one is more unexpensive? Do this one work properly in all those countries or do I need more than one? Where is it better to buy it? I am buying an Ipad 2 Wi-Fi + 3D.

Thanks
Maru

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am travelling to Europe, Germany, Prague, Budapest, Swiss, Italy, London, Paris, Oslo and Stokholm. What brand of SIM would fit me best? Which one is more unexpensive? Do this one work properly in all those countries or do I need more than one? Where is it better to buy it? I am buying an Ipad 2 Wi-Fi + 3D.

Thanks
Maru

You are probably better off asking that question here: PrePaidGSM.net Forum

The forum members there are quite familiar with global GSM providers.

Reaction score
If you are in apps without zoom (i.e. iPF), you can select text quickly:
Start by having the two finger tips touch each other and then move both fingers in a horizontal movement away from each other.

For some reason it only works in edit mode, but it is super fast and more accurate than the press'n'hold-select method.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts