What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Warner Cable Issue

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
;):eek:I use to have the Time Warner App on my iPad. It not only served as a guide to the tv but also as a remote. I thought it was a pretty cool app until it stopped working. I found that the guide didn't work half the time as well as the remote. After jb'ing my iPad I thought I'd give it a second chance. I reinstalled the app and fired it up......error message came up that said, "TWC does not allow jail broken iPads - please restore your iPad to the original setting and try again".

After all the calls I've put into TWC for poor service, I'm sure they're trying to intentionally aggravate me!!!

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Time Warner is one of those companies who have made their app to not run on the jailbroken iPad.

Thankfully, there are two good tweaks in Cydia to fix that "problem" (and they are free as well!): "xCon" and ""FakeTimeWarner (FTW)." I've used both (at different times) and they make the TWC app run just fine.

So, hopefully one will work for you.

Marilyn

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey!!".........works great now! I especially love the authors description of the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts