What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now we can look forward to the Paralympics which open on the 29th of August.

The official broadcaster is Channel 4. Here is the website: - http://paralympics.channel4.com/

This is the Paralympics website. http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/sports/

Click onto the spectators link in the Paralympics website, and you get a list of venues. It looks like Horseguards Parade will not be a venue.

HTH

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So are we all. My future wish is to go see this park. Maybe next year. I must save up. Visiting London costs a fortune.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Wasn't it just and then some, TheRambler! It was brilliant stuff. :)

OHOHOHWHATaPAAAAARTY!!!!!!!!

Favourites?? ALL of it...
But has to be Brian May, Roger Taylor *****AND***** Freddie all doing their brilliant bit & The WHOOOO!!!
Wonderful:):):)

We watched it taped after a necessary 2-hour time lapse, so only just surfaced:)

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It was brilliant, wasn't it? I loved all the music and spent my time laughing at my daughter not knowing all her favourite musicians were British! Hee Hee. The youth of today. They think all the music comes from USA. Lol.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rambler--thanks for the info. I appreciate it and since it's political, my lips are sealed. :)
The closing ceremony? Magnificent! The music was great and I loved Eric Idle's song/act. All of it was great. You all should be so proud of your country. the London games were wonderful!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I second that......you really know how to put on a show and it was wonderful from beginning to end!.....

Loved it all!!

I'm missing it all actually :(

iPad 2 3G 64gb

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I second that......you really know how to put on a show and it was wonderful from beginning to end!.....

Loved it all!!

I'm missing it all actually :(

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Thanks leelai and mollysmom!

I wondered whether we'd be laid low with anti-climax but think that's too soon yet. Perhaps later? I think the commentators will be the ones who will miss it most, & since yattering is their profession, they will be telling everyone else around, loudly:)

Mostly we are all in a self-congratulationary mood (Didn't we do well? Of course we did, we're Brits...The cream always rises to the top...that sort of thing) and Paaaarty-recovery!!! (Oh my head...)

.At the moment the news is all about the thousands of athletes descending on Heathrow Airport to go home, which has opened up a new temporary terminal to cope with the numbers.

Does seem strange now having the telly off. But it's also a bit of relief knowing that we're not missing out on any of the events!

Personally I think the whole razzmatazz feeling will stay with most ordinary people here for a long time, even if ordinary life appears to get in the way. The vast majority--the decent folk--will go on as they always have done: outwardly buffeted by crises, hype & rhetoric but inwardly unaffected, letting life's ups & downs flow by as they will.

But what I really want to know is: how did Boris get his hair so neat & tidy??? It NEVER is, it's a family thing, his Dad's is exactly the same. Suspect a wig....

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's Kilroy aka Boris, the day after:)

Attachments

• image-3165931414.jpg
    image-3165931414.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stranding said:
Thanks leelai and mollysmom!

I wondered whether we'd be laid low with anti-climax but think that's too soon yet. Perhaps later? I think the commentators will be the ones who will miss it most, & since yattering is their profession, they will be telling everyone else around, loudly:)

Mostly we are all in a self-congratulationary mood (Didn't we do well? Of course we did, we're Brits...The cream always rises to the top...that sort of thing) and Paaaarty-recovery!!! (Oh my head...)

.At the moment the news is all about the thousands of athletes descending on Heathrow Airport to go home, which has opened up a new temporary terminal to cope with the numbers.

Does seem strange now having the telly off. But it's also a bit of relief knowing that we're not missing out on any of the events!

Personally I think the whole razzmatazz feeling will stay with most ordinary people here for a long time, even if ordinary life appears to get in the way. The vast majority--the decent folk--will go on as they always have done: outwardly buffeted by crises, hype & rhetoric but inwardly unaffected, letting life's ups & downs flow by as they will.

But what I really want to know is: how did Boris get his hair so neat & tidy??? It NEVER is, it's a family thing, his Dad's is exactly the same. Suspect a wig....

That's a nice summary, Stranding. I think it echoes the impressions and sentiments of most of us.

Re Boris, I heard tell that he had his hair styled pet Justin Beiber. LOL

How did your depiction project go?

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
You two are mad LOL

The rumours even said something about Del Boy and Rodney sketch

The sketch in the closing ceremony was based on this :D.

Last edited by a moderator:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:

Great times for Del & Rodney. Eastenders par excellence:)

Have you seen this? Eric Idle responds hilariously to some rude web commends about Python...

In fact, think I will seize this opportunity to put on my teacher hat & spread some words....

Mollysmom, do you remember we were talking earlier about Brits saying the opposite of what they mean, always straight-facedly, which often trips up those folk unfortunate enough not to come from these glittering aisles (sp.? yeah, I know, but don't forget the Mall), and who believe everything they hear?

Well, the link shows a perfect example of a Brit doing exactly that...(even though he's only been & gone over to the dark & dangerous other side...):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Re Boris, I heard tell that he had his hair styled pet Justin Beiber. LOL
How did your depiction project go?

1) Errr, who's Justin Beiber? And how dare he touch it?

2) Not very fast...I had badly underestimated the lure of the "olympic spirit" (aka, the PAAAARTY!!!!!!)
Still working on it...In between other stuff:)

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got it, Stranding. :). I wish I could make some witty comment, but I'm feeling rather (witless) today. Lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I've never felt so proud to be British in all my life, I love being British, and I love our Royal Family, but for two whole weeks I've been totally floating on pride and some outstanding performances by some absolutely brilliant sportspeople.

The TV isn't the same anymore, it's reverted back to that lazy made rubbish we have become so used too over the last few years!!

Most reactions

Latest posts