What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just been watching some of the wrapping up programme for the Olympics and they were interviewing some of the games volunteers, who I assumed all to have been from Blighty but it turns out I was wrong, the first two they spoke to we're from Australia and USA (Michigan), how amazing that these folks have come from across the planet to make the London games so successful!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh my god! Who would have thought at the beginning of these games, we would have 65 medals? So proud of my parents home country. 6 medals and 3 gold for my own South Africa. Congratulations for a great thread and a big thanks to Richard for thinking of it.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Village People are American. Silly! British only.
A big coup if we got Kate Bush

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Village People are American. Silly! British only.
A big coup if we got Kate Bush

Haha. The Olympics are Greek. You might get Demos Roussos and Nana Mouskouri.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did anyone else hear that Canada set the Olympic record for total medals won by a country that only won 1 Gold Medal. Canada's record is 18, the previous record is 15

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha. The Olympics are Greek. You might get Demos Roussos and Nana Mouskouri.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
And its a multi cultural event so who knows......god why did i have to mention The Village People??? Ive got that ridiculous song YMCA going through my head now....theres one thing though,Mo Farah is almost there with his M thing lol.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just been watching some of the wrapping up programme for the Olympics and they were interviewing some of the games volunteers, who I assumed all to have been from Blighty but it turns out I was wrong, the first two they spoke to we're from Australia and USA (Michigan), how amazing that these folks have come from across the planet to make the London games so successful!

The Archangel

Hey Gabe, didn't catch that about our Michigan Volunteers, but so glad to hear that!! We also have two of our team Orthopedic Surgeons from our Health System that also helped with the care of the athletes!

You know, since the showing of the Olympics and also the popularity of the Kinesiotaping, our clinic has received many calls regarding it and it's use for them. So, in an indirect way, the Olympics have kept us busy!! :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hey Gabe, didn't catch that about our Michigan Volunteers, but so glad to hear that!! We also have two of our team Orthopedic Surgeons from our Health System that also helped with the care of the athletes!

You know, since the showing of the Olympics and also the popularity of the Kinesiotaping, our clinic has received many calls regarding it and it's use for them. So, in an indirect way, the Olympics have kept us busy!! :)

See, that's legacy at work right there!

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
See, that's legacy at work right there!

The Archangel

Yes--this Olympic year has really brought out some differences that future host countries will need to follow. it's a new change which I really enjoyed from start to finish. Sorry to see it finishing soon, but London did a fantastic job, hands down!! Definitely a Legacy in many ways!

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
And its a multi cultural event so who knows......god why did i have to mention The Village People??? Ive got that ridiculous song YMCA going through my head now....theres one thing though,Mo Farah is almost there with his M thing lol.

Yeah, now we're talking, bagsy being the Indian!!!!

e3d8063c.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts