What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Limera1n Thread - Please keep all Limera1n news and problems here!

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to be a 50/50 chance of success... I have been continuously attempting and have not been able to get the limera1n icon to show when i'm in DFU it just kicks the device into recovery again and again...

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And trying to insist on getting 4.2 on it has now resulted in stuck in DFU, so now I have to go through that whole thing with trying to get 3.2.2 back on it again.

Dammit.

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did it twice now and nonlimera1n icon comes up. It said success but wherenis the damn limera1n icon? Can any ody help me put I'm sure I'm not the only one!

I'm in the same boat it says it's done on my PC but there's nothing on the ipad...

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke twice n wrked both times...i dnt see how it cant wrk.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are yall doing the proper hold home n sleep button at the same time during the jailbrake? U supposed to hold it until it says release power button. Then on computer screen it says somethin n u release the home button. Then pop up comes on once its done saying jailbrake complete. Let the ipad reset a few times then its good to go.

Angkorthom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea we are all stuck, i guess we can wait for greenpoison whenever that is. I hope somebody knows what is going on with why doesn't work. I have a 32gb wifi and never has been jailbroken the firmware came stock when i bought the ipad. I'm running windows 7 64-bit i dont' know if that makes a difference or not. I remember with blackrain it did, i had to do some other steps to get it to work. Please help us out guys..............

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine says it works yet it didn't.

1. I run it and it with itunes open but I never click anything in itunes
2. It asks me to hold home and power so I do.
3. It says release power so I do
4. As soon as it says DFU mode or whatever I let go of home.
5. It says exploiting BUT it does on the screen where there's an itunes icon and usb cord on the ipad screen
6. it says it's done and never leaves that screen. It stays there and I have to reboot manually. It didn't work.

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
some games i had music for, no longer has music

like ridge racer and robot unicorn

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also noticed Cydia assimilated Rock. Which i dont like because the setup from rock was way easier to navigate. So if u try to install rock, itll tell u that. F.y.i.

Afide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not working for me. I am using win7 (in vmware). i tried to run as admin but limera1n just says (waiting for device). what am i doing wrong people?

I am running it in VMware also, I have the same problem... maybe it won't work in VMware :[

**EDIT**

Make sure if ur using VM ware to run in admin mode.

Well it gave me the completion message, no cydia.. no nothing - I even rebooted it twice. Trying again..

Update - "Bricked" it, restoring and trying again.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not working for me. I am using win7 (in vmware). i tried to run as admin but limera1n just says (waiting for device). what am i doing wrong people?

I am running it in VMware also, I have the same problem... maybe it won't work in VMware :[

**EDIT**

Make sure if ur using VM ware to run in admin mode.

Well it gave me the completion message, no cydia.. no nothing - I even rebooted it twice. Trying again..

As I already posted it doesn't work in a VM it worked fine native tho.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guess i must be luck... or good at reading instructions, lol. what's it about 5 min and jail broke.

win 7 64 bit, ipad with 3.2.2 preinstalled. just followed the prompts and then clicked the l1merain icon to get cydia.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guess i must be luck... or good at reading instructions, lol. what's it about 5 min and jail broke.

win 7 64 bit, ipad with 3.2.2 preinstalled. just followed the prompts and then clicked the l1merain icon to get cydia.

yeah it works perfectly fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts