What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro thread

Psvalencia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am functionally limited with computers but want to use my ipad better (much better). I haven't figured out yet how to properly ask a question on this app or site or whatever, but i've been playing/struggling here for an hour or so. Wish me luck, please. I'll keep trying. One of you said don't open new threads until you've diligently searched for a current thread on same subject. But i'm also being encouraged to fill this out as a new thread for new person. Turns out i can't get help because i can't figure out how to ask forhelp.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am functionally limited with computers but want to use my ipad better (much better). I haven't figured out yet how to properly ask a question on this app or site or whatever, but i've been playing/struggling here for an hour or so. Wish me luck, please. I'll keep trying. One of you said don't open new threads until you've diligently searched for a current thread on same subject. But i'm also being encouraged to fill this out as a new thread for new person. Turns out i can't get help because i can't figure out how to ask forhelp.

Hi--you did it! Your thread shows!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please have a look at our IPF App Tutorial:http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

Manuals:Apple - Support - Manuals

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

SparkyScott21

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looks like you are doing a fine job on your end.. You'll be just fine!! Welcome to our forum by the way!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and hopefully you are able to resolve your issue - either by finding a solution or asking and getting the right answer! Good luck!

OP
P

Psvalencia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I am hoping I've found the way to say that to the people altogether. Takes me a long time to figure out how to, well, reply even. Facebook flummoxes me for the same reason. Too many buttons.
I asked my partner, finally, how to solve my problem with getting pdf's from my ipad into the goodreader app on my same ipad. She had me email each one to myself from my ipad (using the ipad email, if it makes a difference) and then open the email in goodreader.
I don't think I am supposed to keep using this thread anymore....it's an introduction one only? So now I just look at threads and see if there's any info that I can understand and enjoy? I'm not allowed to "post"---I tried that already and I have to do something else 6 times before that's allowed. (Oops) I'll check out the tips sites that you-all pointed to. Mostly the sites for help remind me of a cookbook that instructs on how to make an omelette without mentioning that first I'm supposed to Crack Open the eggs.,,,So, if I hit "return" does that send this reply? Or is there another button somewhere? Let's see.....nope. I'll find the button.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I am hoping I've found the way to say that to the people altogether. Takes me a long time to figure out how to, well, reply even. Facebook flummoxes me for the same reason. Too many buttons.
I asked my partner, finally, how to solve my problem with getting pdf's from my ipad into the goodreader app on my same ipad. She had me email each one to myself from my ipad (using the ipad email, if it makes a difference) and then open the email in goodreader.
I don't think I am supposed to keep using this thread anymore....it's an introduction one only? So now I just look at threads and see if there's any info that I can understand and enjoy? I'm not allowed to "post"---I tried that already and I have to do something else 6 times before that's allowed. (Oops) I'll check out the tips sites that you-all pointed to. Mostly the sites for help remind me of a cookbook that instructs on how to make an omelette without mentioning that first I'm supposed to Crack Open the eggs.,,,So, if I hit "return" does that send this reply? Or is there another button somewhere? Let's see.....nope. I'll find the button.

Well it looks like you did find that button to post this. Woohoo! Another step accomplished!

You can open a new thread or post at any time, it's the ability to PM (private message) others that you need to have made 6 posts before you can, although you may pm Moderators or Admin at anytime.

Have a look at that link that Skimonkey has given you in her post to our App tutorial.....this should help you with posting etc, well I hope it does, I wrote it myself. ;)

You can still use this thread with your questions, we understand how difficult it is for anyone who is new to Forums to find their way around. But have a good look around and you will learn quite a bit yourself.

If it makes you feel any better, I was the same as you when I joined and while I'm no master of the iPad, I've come a very long way and all with the help from this Forum.

Enjoy!

Most reactions