What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limera1n and Future Upgrades

ipad_noob75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello...new guy here. I have never jailbroken before, and I'm new to Apple altogether. Just got my Ipad last month, and I love it, but I need Flash (or "Frash", I guess).

A few JB questions that I didn't get answered by searching: If I use Limera1n, do we know if it will play nicely with the next Apple upgrade? I understand that Apple cannot patch a bootrom exploit (fancy new words for me), but will the exploit prevent Apple upgrades from working?

Also, a REALLY basic one: Is a bootrom exploit reversible by restoring, just like the old exploits?

Thanks.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
supposedly it will persist....but people using 4.2 beta 2 say it doesnt work....tho I don't know if they tried jailbreaking 3.2.2 then upgrading to 4.2....that might work. We shall see.

ruskiyab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried jail breaking using limera1n then updating to 4.2.2 beta and cydia was gone after the update

ruskiyab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried jail breaking using limera1n then updating to 4.2.2 beta and cydia was gone after the update

Did you try to jailbreak again after you updated to 4.2 beta 2?

I originally tried jailbreaking 4.2.2, limera1n said it was successful but the green raindrop never appeared and it was never installed. I didn't try jailbreaking 3.2.2 then updating and then jailbreaking again, however.

Most reactions

Latest posts