What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text

donfo129

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An you only send text messages with the iPad to only iPad and iPhone users, or can you text anyone ?

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forum :). I really cannot urge you enough to use the search function on this forum as I helped answer a question almost identical to this one only yes today, and another just days before that. Try searching for things like 'texting app' or 'messaging'.
It is also possible to send messages to all other iOS devices providing they use iOS5 using iMessage which is an apple stock app.
Hope you find what you're looking for.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forum
smile.png
. I really cannot urge you enough to use the search function on this forum as I helped answer a question almost identical to this one only yes today, and another just days before that. Try searching for things like 'texting app' or 'messaging'.
It is also possible to send messages to all other iOS devices providing they use iOS5 using iMessage which is an apple stock app.
Hope you find what you're looking for.

Is this a copy and paste?

An you only send text messages with the iPad to only iPad and iPhone users, or can you text anyone ?

Take a look at this

Textplus

If you buy the "Gold" version it says you can add your own phone number. I assumed it meant if you wanted to use a phone number you already have textplus would accept it. That's not the case. You can configure your own area code but other than that they supply you with the other 7 digits

And YES, you can text ANYONE. Just let them know it's you or you can play games with them.
:thumbs:

Last edited:

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for putting that on here :). I'd removed it from my subscription feed and didn't have time to find it. Glad you found what you were looking for by the way.

Most reactions

Latest posts