What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi ipad and texts

perryc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have a wifi only iPad can I send text messages from it ?

I would think that because it doesn't have a sim card I cannot send text messages to other mobile phones but what about iMessages to other iPhones ?

Is there a way to send messages to both?

Perry

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several third party providers who offer text services via their websites - but the availability depends on which country you're in.

Tim

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can send Imessages to other I-device users provided they have upgraded to IOS 5 also.

I have an Android phone, and use an app on it Called Lazy Droid which sets the phone up as a mini web Server, and presents the Lazy Droid desktop on my wi-fi only Ipad. This enables me to receive and send SMS texts using my Ipad.

liquid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Text free has been the best app I could find for sending text from the ipod touch doubt it would be any different for the ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts