What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapatalk

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMG_2917.JPG

Every time l sign in. This request comes up. It doesn’t appear on my iPhone or on any other of my apps.
Previously l have been able to get rid of it by logging out and removing the app. Then starting again.
This doesn’t work anymore. Backed up my ipa 2 yesterday.
Nothing unusual happened, suspecting this must be a problem with the App. Only noticed this yesterday but if you look carefully at the email address it’s.
googlemail.-com
because of the line break my eye did not pick it up
anyone from tapatalk care to comment or do you have any idea’s
Thanks

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That’s very suspicious. It doesn’t look like a genuine Google Mail or any Google account sign in.
It’s just popped up on my Tapatalk App now. I think we need to contact them.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 80511

Every time l sign in. This request comes up. It doesn’t appear on my iPhone or on any other of my apps.
Previously l have been able to get rid of it by logging out and removing the app. Then starting again.
This doesn’t work anymore. Backed up my ipa 2 yesterday.
Nothing unusual happened, suspecting this must be a problem with the App. Only noticed this yesterday but if you look carefully at the email address it’s.
googlemail.-com
because of the line break my eye did not pick it up
anyone from tapatalk care to comment or do you have any idea’s
Thanks
I'd report it to Google as a Phishing attempt. Some scammer is trying to steal your log in password.
If you want to sign into your Google Mail account, do it from within the mail app itself.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The following excerpt from Wikipaedia may be of interest -
Possibly the most devastating OAuth security failure is phishing vulnerability:[23] every web site using OAuth is visually (but not technically) asking end users for their username and password of their master identity, which prevents ordinary users from understanding that they should not type those in should they encounter an attacker's web site that visually emulates this process to steal credentials.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just sent report to Google.

Thanks for that, l would not have a clue how to do it.
Regarding gmail emails l always use the app it’s always log on. Just open it and it updates my emails.
Is that ok?
Have always done it done it that way. I am puzzled why this happens on an approved Apple App.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for that, l would not have a clue how to do it.
Regarding gmail emails l always use the app it’s always log on. Just open it and it updates my emails.
Is that ok?
Have always done it done it that way. I am puzzled why this happens on an approved Apple App.
Your GMail App sounds fine, but I have deleted Tapatalk.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You might be correct, however l never see any ads on tapatalk due to my “V” status.

Then I am probably wrong, and have no idea how the prompt is being generated.

There’s no guarantee that anyone from Tapatalk is reading this thread, or forum. I would contact them directly.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I access the forum on my iPhone, I still use Tapatalk. On my iPad I use the website. It takes a bit longer to learn than Tapatalk, but is also more capable.

The main advantage of Tapatalk is that it makes keeping track of a large number of forums easier. Since I only have a couple of forums, only it’s secondary advantage appeals; that it is easier to read on a small screen than the website.

Maybe it’s my infrequent use, but I’ve never seen a phishing scam while using the app.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had five forums on TapaTalk, but when Brixtonboy raised his query, I went to the App to see if there was a Contact Developer option. That was when I had the same scamming pop-up, so deleted the App. May give it another chance in a week or so.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry have not been on for a few days. I much prefer to use tapatalk it makes things so much easier.
One thing l remembered last time l cleared it, back up and then set up my
iPad Air 2 As new then re-installed the the back up.
This cleared it for months, l am hoping to do this again at the weekend.
Forgot to mention before the back up l deleted tapatalk and later reinstalled it.
Was thinking this time of installing the better app or the one that you buy.
Any comments if that would be clean?

Most reactions

Latest posts