What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum is very slow to load pages on my PC

Doctor Hades

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I signed up for this forum yesterday after Google-ing around for a decent iPad forum to post and read comments on. Even the sign up process was slow; I actually thought the page wasn't loading so tried signing in from a number of other browsers (Chrome, Opera, etc) on my PC with the same result. I eventually managed to sign up (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be posted this, doh!).

I've found this forum to be ridiculously slow compared with every other site I've visited, including other forums. Every page takes 15-20 seconds to load as it loads ad content and even AdBlock Pro on Firefox does nothing to speed up the page loading as the content is still downloaded. As such it makes navigating the forum a chore and is really spoiling the experience for me. I have a fast 24 Mbps connection and everything else loads up pretty much instantly except for this forum.

Is there anything I can do to speed it up on my PC or is it the same for everyone else? The iPad Forum app doesn't seem to suffer from this problem when I tried it last night.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the advertisements is misbehaving. It appears to be on of the ones that you see in the UK, as all of the moderators in the UK have also been having the same problem. This side of the pond things are normal. The IT guys are aware of the issue and are working on it. Hope that reassures you. It's not always like this.

OP
Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks KevinJS. Yes, I keep seeing 'Waiting for delivery.ads-xxxxxxxxxx.com' and 'Transferring delivery.ads-xxxxxxxxxx.com' messages in the status bar that delay page loading by almost 30 seconds on average. Hopefully it will be fixed soon as the forum looks great otherwise.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I signed up for this forum yesterday after Google-ing around for a decent iPad forum to post and read comments on. Even the sign up process was slow; I actually thought the page wasn't loading so tried signing in from a number of other browsers (Chrome, Opera, etc) on my PC with the same result. I eventually managed to sign up (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be posted this, doh!).

I've found this forum to be ridiculously slow compared with every other site I've visited, including other forums. Every page takes 15-20 seconds to load as it loads ad content and even AdBlock Pro on Firefox does nothing to speed up the page loading as the content is still downloaded. As such it makes navigating the forum a chore and is really spoiling the experience for me. I have a fast 24 Mbps connection and everything else loads up pretty much instantly except for this forum.

Is there anything I can do to speed it up on my PC or is it the same for everyone else? The iPad Forum app doesn't seem to suffer from this problem when I tried it last night.
Hi there,
As Kevin pointed out it is a UK issue at the moment and I too have been assured it is being sorted. It is slow loading on my iPad 3 as well which I mentioned in my post 'Forum slow loading' on 5th Jan.
BTW, Kevin & the rest of the forum guys are great, always there to help.
Mike

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your post it is appreciated we have over 40 forums on our group and operate quality fast servers so usually we donot have issues . This is an isolated issue for UK as every thing is fine in Australia. Our it division is sorting it.

Cheers Colin administrator Apple forums

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

Most reactions

Latest posts