What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

dorchris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter brought an ipad2 yesterday, she doesn't own a lap top or computer so we set up her iTunes account on my computer, trouble is all my apps went onto her iPad, which was fine as they were things she can use, the problem is she can't do anything on it without having to put in my username and password, I can't face time with her because it's my log in and it obviously comes up as busy as its like I'm trying to call my self, I can't message her for the same reason.

She set up an email address using my laptop but she can't use it on her iPad as it just keeps asking for my stuff and says user not registered, I hope you understand what I mean and is there a way out of it so she can set up an account for herself.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like it was set up from your back up, it needs to be restored as new, this will allow her to use her own Apple ID and set it up as her own, this can still be done on your computer but be sure that when you choose the restore option that you don't set it up from your backup.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem, let us know how you get on, if you run into any difficulties there will be someone here who can help.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts