What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SweetPoison's iPad 3 thread!

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Who would they listen to? They have to make the decisions they feel are best for their business model. I too want to see an iPad 3 with full retina display/cpu/gpu in March, but if it ain't ready, it ain't ready. So if they offer an iPad 2s I won't be mad, I'll just wait for the tech to become available and then buy the iPad 3 when the offer it. Those who were on the fence for an iPad 2 can buy the 2s. But I have an iPad 2, so the jump to a 2s won't be a wise decision for me, but it could be a good decision for someone new to iPads or someone who has an iPad 1. You can't advance faster than technology and costs will allow. That applies to Apple as much as anyone else.

People ! They should listen to the sentiments of People !!

Well if it is only the Retina Display issue which is stopping them from calling the new iPad as iPad-3, There are mixed opinions about it, at 265 PPI with a Picture Resolution of 2048 x 1536 it sill is a Retina Display for many, so the technology is ready and if the Public Cry and Demand is such, they should keep the public sentiments in mind, this of course if they also want to do a Fair amount of Business. They should if not anything else call the next iPad, iPad-3 and not iPad-2S and make a mockery of things ! I mean it would be a Rip-Off for me. For God's sake please dont call it iPad-2s !! Woah ! That would be disguisting !!

So the technology that it should have at this moment, is pretty much there, it is pretty much ready is what the Industry Guru's Claim !

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
augustya said:
People ! They should listen to the sentiments of People !!

Well if it is only the Retina Display issue which is stopping them from calling the new iPad as iPad-3, There are mixed opinions about it, at 265 PPI with a Picture Resolution of 2048 x 1536 it sill is a Retina Display for many, so the technology is ready and if the Public Cry and Demand is such, they should keep the public sentiments in mind, this of course if they also want to do a Fair amount of Business. They should if not anything else call the next iPad, iPad-3 and not iPad-2S and make a mockery of things ! I mean it would be a Rip-Off for me. For God's sake please dont call it iPad-2s !! Woah ! That would be disguisting !!

So the technology that it should have at this moment, is pretty much there, it is pretty much ready is what the Industry Guru's Claim !

Who are the people? They don't speak with a single voice.

I'm not sure the tech is there yet. I see no evidence of it. Also, the tech as to met price points, too, and it is not clear yet either. We'll just have to wait and see. The gurus are clueless as are we. Also, a 2s is not a ripoff....no one is forced to buy anything.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Who are the people? They don't speak with a single voice.

I'm not sure the tech is there yet. I see no evidence of it. Also, the tech as to met price points, too, and it is not clear yet either. We'll just have to wait and see. The gurus are clueless as are we. Also, a 2s is not a ripoff....no one is forced to buy anything.

What are you expecting ? What technology r u expecting ? Higher Resolution, Higher PPI, A6 Processor, LTE Technology, Better GPU what else are you looking out for when you say technology is not ready yet ? A Invisible iPad which you can still use it ;)

I do know no one is forced to buy anything from anyonne but when people believe in a Brand and start trusting for its efficency and usability the Vendor cannot just say this that this is what we have to offer take it or leave it, we are not forcing you to buy from us. It doesn't work that way in a consumer driven market.

gerryorkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
What do you do, exactly? I make so few calls that sometimes I think I should just get a myfi hotspot for my iPad 2 and buy skype minutes for the few times when I really need to make a call. Then I could get rid of my smartphone and plan.

I have an iPad 1 w/ wifi & 3G. My iPad as a phone is accomplished via Line2. (VOIP). Works perfect over wifi and acceptable on 3 g. Total cost includes $15 for 3 g AT&T and $10 for Line2, unlimited talk and texts. $25 a month for the worlds largest iPhone. All the apps on iPhone are 100% more functional at iPad size. Bluetooth limitations on iPad 1 will force me to upgrade to at least iPad 2. Soon. A Bluetooth stereo headset comming to my house soon.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are you expecting ? What technology r u expecting ? Higher Resolution, Higher PPI, A6 Processor, LTE Technology, Better GPU what else are you looking out for when you say technology is not ready yet ? A Invisible iPad which you can still use it ;)

Yes, all of that. Absolutely. And at $500 for the base model.

I do know no one is forced to buy anything from anyonne but when people believe in a Brand and start trusting for its efficency and usability the Vendor cannot just say this that this is what we have to offer take it or leave it, we are not forcing you to buy from us. It doesn't work that way in a consumer driven market.

Apple can only release tech that can be massed produced quickly, in large quantities, and at an affordable price while maintaining a level of performance that protects the user experience. No matter what you or I may way, they are smart enough to know what they can deliver. They don't need to deliver an iPad 3 in March...there is no rule that says they must. I think they want iPad 3 to be a big step over iPad 2 and if the tech is not ready for that, then we will see an iPad 2s rather than an iPad 3.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I got line2 over the weekend and played with it on Wifi. It worked nicely. I'm surprised it works well over 3G, though. Good to hear that.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, all of that. Absolutely. And at $500 for the base model.

Apple can only release tech that can be massed produced quickly, in large quantities, and at an affordable price while maintaining a level of performance that protects the user experience. No matter what you or I may way, they are smart enough to know what they can deliver. They don't need to deliver an iPad 3 in March...there is no rule that says they must. I think they want iPad 3 to be a big step over iPad 2 and if the tech is not ready for that, then we will see an iPad 2s rather than an iPad 3.

Again you are saying the same thing, Tech is not ready !! :D When all the Tech sites and that too reliable one are reporting all of the above features slated and ready for the next iPad and not everyone could be wrong on guessing. You still keep saying if the Tech is not ready !! ;) How do you know it is not ready when the suppliers for spares of Apple Products, Assemblers, Researchers on Apple products confirm the above technology, you still dont wanna believe it ??

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Again you are saying the same thing, Tech is not ready !! :D When all the Tech sites and that too reliable one are reporting all of the above features slated and ready for the next iPad and not everyone could be wrong on guessing. You still keep saying if the Tech is not ready !! ;) How do you know it is not ready when the suppliers for spares of Apple Products, Assemblers, Researchers on Apple products confirm the above technology, you still dont wanna believe it ??

You seem to be having a very hard time understanding. I never said the tech isn't ready, I was saying that I'm not sure the tech is ready and that Apple won't bring out the iPad 3 until it thinks the tech is ready. The tech could be ready, but we don't know because there is no product out with said tech at a price point that will sell millions of units. Bloggers don't know either they are just passing rumors. There is no point discussing with you if you can't follow the discussion.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You seem to be having a very hard time understanding. I never said the tech isn't ready, I was saying that I'm not sure the tech is ready and that Apple won't bring out the iPad 3 until it thinks the tech is ready. The tech could be ready, but we don't know because there is no product out with said tech at a price point that will sell millions of units. Bloggers don't know either they are just passing rumors. There is no point discussing with you if you can't follow the discussion.

Hmmm...I think it is even more confusing for others to follow...

Last edited:

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think iPad3 will be announced on Feb 24 -that is important date for company future.
iPad3 was last project that Steve was working on. So I think that Apple is making hardest efforts to announce iPad3 on Feb 24.
In that way they will prove to publicity that Steve didnt left his company to bunch of noobs in tech management business.

If they release iPad 2S everyone will say (so as me) "if Steve was here we would see iPad3 with brand new & fresh technology & not this crappy redesign".
Apple is all about fresh, but in same reliable technology solutions, so if they cant announce iPad3, by time Apple will lose that "special" badge that Steve was creating for so many years.

If guys from Apple respect their past long-time leader & if they want to convince people that he was not doing for nothing all this years, they will announce fresh & powerful device on his birthday.

Last edited:

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You seem to be having a very hard time understanding. I never said the tech isn't ready, I was saying that I'm not sure the tech is ready.

Hard time understanding me ? or you ?? Ask anyone here and if he understands your this statement "I never said that the tech is ready and I am not sure if the tech is ready ?? what is that suppossed to mean Confusing Damn Confusing !!

And that Apple won't bring out the iPad 3 until it thinks the tech is ready.

Of course we all know that and understand that !! What new did u say ?

the tech could be ready, but we don't know because there is no product out with said tech at a price point that will sell millions of units.

So Future Innovations in Technology is all about things happening in Future, If right now the said technology not present in a given product does not mean that there will be no Brand with that technology coming out ?

Bloggers don't know either they are just passing rumors.

Aren't we all doing that at the moment, talking and discussing about a product which is not even born ?? I am not talking about Bloggers !! I am talking about Reputed Tech sites which earn their Bread-Butter Reading, writing, Eating, Sleeping Technology aren't those guys supposed to be more reliable and knowledgable then you and me are ??

There is no point discussing with you if you can't follow the discussion.

You got the comments from othere's here aswell right ? You are confusing others !! If you have a solid convincing point to back your statements and if you can make people understand, Sure we will understand. But just dont keep harping "That the Technology is not Ready...Technology is not ready"!!

Cheers !

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think iPad3 will be announced on Feb 24 -that is important date for company future.
iPad3 was last project that Steve was working on. So I think that Apple is making hardest efforts to announce iPad3 on Feb 24.
In that way they will prove to publicity that Steve didnt left his company to bunch of noobs in tech management business.

If they release iPad 2S everyone will say (so as me) "if Steve was here we would see iPad3 with brand new & fresh technology & not this crappy redesign".
Apple is all about fresh, but in same reliable technology solutions, so if they cant announce iPad3, by time Apple will lose that "special" badge that Steve was creating for so many years.

If guys from Apple respect their past long-time leader & if they want to convince people that he was not doing for nothing all this years, they will announce fresh & powerful advice on his birthday.

So Correctly said !! Couldn't agree more !!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
This iPad 3 spec image is tres cool. No bezel and a virtual home button. That I like.

image-1527933271.png

Lots of wow if it's the real deal.

AA

Most reactions

Latest posts