What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SweetPoison's iPad 3 thread!

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
16GB is not enough for a phone let alone an ipad... I hope the ipad 3 will have a 128GB model as well as faster processor.

reports are saying that 5.1 beta might have dictation (siri) for the ipad 3

little off topic but s2mikey I love that avatar

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
little off topic but s2mikey I love that avatar

Could you please stay on topic?

4_1_72.gif

29_2_4.gif

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Yep, but for now, it is all rumor.

Agreed but this one has some substance to me. Still need to play the waiting game though.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
2s? Probably not. Why would Apple make a 2s when everyone is expecting a big new iPad?
The iPad 2 was a huge success, so why would Apple disappoint? (don't pull out the 4S excuse, Apple made a big mistake with that)
4g would be nice.

No, Why ? can it not be called as iPad-2S ? it could very well be called the iPad-2S, if it is just a minor hardware upgrade. I have read a lot of Tech Sites reporting that even this could be a strong possibility that iPad may just release the new iPad with a minor hardware upgrade and call it iPad-2S.It sure will be a huge disappointment, even for me who has been waiting to buy my first ever iPad and I am extremely anxious on how the new iPad-3 will look and be. But as they say Apple never listens to anyone and only does what it feels like doing !

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
No, Why ? can it not be called as iPad-2S ? it could very well be called the iPad-2S, if it is just a minor hardware upgrade. I have read a lot of Tech Sites reporting that even this could be a strong possibility that iPad may just release the new iPad with a minor hardware upgrade and call it iPad-2S.It sure will be a huge disappointment, even for me who has been waiting to buy my first ever iPad and I am extremely anxious on how the new iPad-3 will look and be. But as they say Apple never listens to anyone and only does what it feels like doing !

I can see where your coming from but I agree they probably won't call it that, they have a business plan, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, next year iPhone 5? So they should follow suit, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3?

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can see where your coming from but I agree they probably won't call it that, they have a business plan, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, next year iPhone 5? So they should follow suit, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3?

Well...Yeah a Good Observation...Thats a Good Point ! But I am sure it will not be called a Retina Display if they are not able to achieve that 330 PPI !!

sfrusty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have a 32g wifi iPad 1, and until recently that was great. Just recently added to my av system an apple tv box and now can see the huge possibilities opening up for the iPad. Conclusion, I'm going to go for the largest memory possible even if I have to scrimp on other things when ipad3 comes out. Unless your going to replace each year. $1000 may seem like a lot but divided by 365 days (there is never a day I don't pick it up) that's $2.74 per day, cheaper than Starbucks.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
2s? Probably not. Why would Apple make a 2s when everyone is expecting a big new iPad?
The iPad 2 was a huge success, so why would Apple disappoint? (don't pull out the 4S excuse, Apple made a big mistake with that)
4g would be nice.

If the tech isn't ready for a full retina display, that's why. No matter what you call it, it won't be an iPad 3 until it has a retina display along with the cpu/gpu needed to drive that display without too much of a hit to battery life and performance. If they can't deliver on that, they will call it a 2s, which is actually the right things to do (and I will skip it because that is the right thing for me to do). The 4s iPhone was indeed the right thing for Apple to do because that device didn't have enough new stuff to be called the iPhone 5. And it was no mistake given how many of them Apple sold.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I currently have a 32g wifi iPad 1, and until recently that was great. Just recently added to my av system an apple tv box and now can see the huge possibilities opening up for the iPad. Conclusion, I'm going to go for the largest memory possible even if I have to scrimp on other things when ipad3 comes out. Unless your going to replace each year. $1000 may seem like a lot but divided by 365 days (there is never a day I don't pick it up) that's $2.74 per day, cheaper than Starbucks.

+1. I don't think there has been a day since I got my iPad that I didn't use it. Definitely worth $2/day (that's an excellent way to view it). I have the 64GB Wifi model.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But as they say Apple never listens to anyone and only does what it feels like doing !

Who would they listen to? They have to make the decisions they feel are best for their business model. I too want to see an iPad 3 with full retina display/cpu/gpu in March, but if it ain't ready, it ain't ready. So if they offer an iPad 2s I won't be mad, I'll just wait for the tech to become available and then buy the iPad 3 when the offer it. Those who were on the fence for an iPad 2 can buy the 2s. But I have an iPad 2, so the jump to a 2s won't be a wise decision for me, but it could be a good decision for someone new to iPads or someone who has an iPad 1. You can't advance faster than technology and costs will allow. That applies to Apple as much as anyone else.

Last edited:

gerryorkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I'm expecting Apple to introduce an iPad 2s come March, which likely means I won't be upgrading this go-around. I need a real retina display and at least 128GB of storage. My real question is should I spring for the 3G/4G version over the Wifi-only version. I can't see having a data plan on an iPad....unless I get rid of my phone altogether and just use the iPad with a 4G plan for travel (I really only use my phone when I'm on travel and that is not much). Skype for phone calls. Could work, no?

I got rid of my phone all together! I use line2 as my phone on my iPad. It works for me.

Ipad 1
Wifi /3G 32 gb

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got rid of my phone all together! I use line2 as my phone on my iPad. It works for me.

What do you do, exactly? I make so few calls that sometimes I think I should just get a myfi hotspot for my iPad 2 and buy skype minutes for the few times when I really need to make a call. Then I could get rid of my smartphone and plan.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts