What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unsure!

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently own a 32gb iPad and love it! I use it mainly at home and at school due to the fact that these are the only places I have any wifi connection. I'm deciding whether or not to sell the 32gb for what I paid for it and going with the 3G model. And I don't know whether to use the 650 and purchase the 16gb model or to dish out the extra 100 plus and buy another 32gb with 3G. I don't know if I'm even going to be using the 3G feature but id like to have it just in case. For the space factor Im not planning to use the iPad to watch movies ir listen to music, just using it to store pictures, web browse, and pages on iworks. What should I do? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

BTW the pictures I will be storing are going to be from a rebel t1i, which files are significantly larger than point and shoot digital cameras

Last edited:

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Videos and music typically consume the most space. Unless you think you'd like to (one day) use it for those I wouldn't worry too much about storage.

That said, how many photos do you think you may store on iPad? Hundreds? Thousands? If thousands then maybe you will want more storage.

I too want the 3G model because I travel around somewhat, so I'd like the ability to connect almost anywhere if needed. I don't like being tied to hotspots because I am constantly on the move going somewhere.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to load up some movies on it. If you use Handbrake software to rip your movies, each one will only be about 1-1.2gb. I've got 6 movies loaded up on mine and it's not even putting a dent in storage space on my 32GB iPad.

OP
A

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally don't see the need of being able to watch a movie on the iPad, I mean it's great for it, but it really wasn't the reason for me to get it. I have my iPod touch for music and I was planning on using the iPad as more of a photography portfolio, so I'm probably going to be storing thousands of pictures

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Movies on this would be great for any flight over an hour, and for me it makes my Dell XPS a very heavy and expensive paperweight. My Dell was lucky to make it through one full movie.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally don't see the need of being able to watch a movie on the iPad, I mean it's great for it, but it really wasn't the reason for me to get it. I have my iPod touch for music and I was planning on using the iPad as more of a photography portfolio, so I'm probably going to be storing thousands of pictures

Movies is mostly what I've done with mine. Netflix and ABC.

Most reactions