What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new to ipad 3 few questions.??

1iwilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello to all new to the forum
i just got a ipad 3 going by the A1416 model # in back of the unit 16gb also update to the 6.0 software can this unit be jailbreak.???? also where can i get good free apps for now before i buy them.
also how can i use my lg optimus m to get signal on my ipad.?? if possible. what is a good simple sms proggie to use.thanks

Last edited:

migz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good question, I'm new apple product user w/the same model

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hello to all new to the forum
i just got a ipad 3 going by the A1416 model # in back of the unit 16gb also update to the 6.0 software can this unit be jailbreak.???? also where can i get good free apps for now before i buy them.
also how can i use my lg optimus m to get signal on my ipad.?? if possible. what is a good simple sms proggie to use.thanks

No, there is no jail break (yet) for an iPad on iOS 6.x. Stay tuned to this thread for the latest news on that topic: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=89458

There are plenty of free apps in the App Store. And, a lot of the paid apps offer Lite versions (or ad-supported) so that you can try them out to see if you wish to upgrade to the paid versions. I know that's what you mean, right? Because getting paid apps for free any other way is piracy and we don't condone that here as piracy (and any discussion of it) is against out rules - and illegal.

If your Optimus has a hot spot feature (and your carrier allows it) you should be able to activate the hot spot - that'll create a WiFi signal your iPad can see.

Sorry, but I don't know about SMS programs. Hopefully, others will chip in...

Marilyn

OP

1iwilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
No, there is no jail break (yet) for an iPad on iOS 6.x. Stay tuned to this thread for the latest news on that topic: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=89458

There are plenty of free apps in the App Store. And, a lot of the paid apps offer Lite versions (or ad-supported) so that you can try them out to see if you wish to upgrade to the paid versions. I know that's what you mean, right? Because getting paid apps for free any other way is piracy and we don't condone that here as piracy (and any discussion of it) is against out rules - and illegal.

If your Optimus has a hot spot feature (and your carrier allows it) you should be able to activate the hot spot - that'll create a WiFi signal your iPad can see.

Sorry, but I don't know about SMS programs. Hopefully, others will chip in...

Marilyn

Ok thanks yes that's what I meant trial run of the program before buying the full one
The SMS is for sending text messages to cellphones or emails.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1iwilly said:
Ok thanks yes that's what I meant trial run of the program before buying the full one
The SMS is for sending text messages to cellphones or emails.

Some apps have a free version and a paid version. The free version allows you to experience some of the features included in the paid version. Not all paid apps have a free version, though.

OP

1iwilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks here is another question why when I hook the iPad to the USB on computer or in the car it doesn't charge the batt.
Is there a setting for that..??

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1iwilly said:
Thanks here is another question why when I hook the iPad to the USB on computer or in the car it doesn't charge the batt.
Is there a setting for that..??

Most USB ports don't provide enough power to do more than trickle charge an iPad while it's asleep or turned off. There's not enough power to activate the charging icon. For best charging; use the supplied charger, plugged into a wall socket.

Last edited:

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't send SMS's with iPad. You can't call with it either. These two go together...

What kind of signals you need to send from your Optimus? Bluetooth won't work.

OP

1iwilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess you need to do a research I was told to use text now and I does work for sending text message I was looking for a simpler SMS proggie.and there is another one that you can make phone call with it. What I didn't like was it wouldn't let you delete the message after it was sent.

OP

1iwilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can send SMS but you have to be on wifi not cellular

Al
yes that is the way i've done it since i got the proggy 4 days ago
and there is another sms that will also let you make phone call on the ipad cause i tried it and call my self with it but i didn't like the way the sms was so i deleted it.

OP

1iwilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I found it with text now you can make free phone calls .

Most reactions