What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in the BLACK SCREEN!! is it dead?

lfersantos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a nutshell, I need help! This is what happen:
- Bought an used ipad1, 4.3.5 jail broken.
- Attempted to downgrade to 4.3.3 by using tinyumbrella, then itunes, selected the 4.3.3restore.ipsw and thing ran smooth (at least it looked like that). The ipad never turned back on!
- After finished, itunes gave a message indicating that found an ipad in DFU, ready to restored. I tried turning it back on, doing a had reset and even using RecBoot, but it wont come back.
- Everytime I connect it, itunes will recognize it with the pop-up "Ipad needs to be restored before using". I tried restoring back to 4.3.5 but then it tells me that itunes can't contact the update server.
- Then I tried the pwnage tool, did the whole process step-by-step, but no luck. I looks like it installs the firmware but after completed, it wont turn on.

Side note: I was completely unaware of ther SHSH blobs until after the fact, im pretty sure this doesn't make things any easier...

Please help me restore it!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, take a DEEP breath, your iPad is OK.

Unplug from anything, unless the battery is dead.
Open TinyUmbrella and click on the "advanced" tab.
Uncheck "set hosts to cydia on exit". If you notice next to it it says "If you need a clean restore from apple uncheck this box". :)
Close TinyUmbrella and reboot the computer.
Open iTunes. Plug iPad into computer. Regardless of what happens, follow these steps VERY carefully. If you miss the timing it may not work right and you can just try again. Which if frustrating so you might want to practice.
So:
1. Press and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds.
2. After that 10 seconds, release the power button but KEEP holding the home button for 15 seconds. If it doesnt recognize it right away, dont sweat. It might be installing drivers and you dont need to touch anything. iTunes should recognize a device in recovery mode. Just click restore and let iTunes do the work.
After that you will have 4.3.5 on the iPad.

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this same exact problem. If Graywolfs post doesn't work, I'll provide a link to my exact problem ON THIS FORUM and you can see how I fixed it.

It was a crazy approach, but it may help you.

--Edit--

Graywolf has got you covered. :) just sayin.

drsaad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i already went thru the procedure anyways i will re try it

drsaad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
one more thing , everytime i tried to restore it thru itunes it gave me 3194 error even i tried to fix it it gave me 1015 or 16XX error i tried to fix it too but still same error i cant see anything on the screen so cant say anything about it , no progess bar no apple logo or anything just black screen no matter what ever i do

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a nutshell, I need help! This is what happen:
- Bought an used ipad1, 4.3.5 jail broken.
- Attempted to downgrade to 4.3.3 by using tinyumbrella, then itunes, selected the 4.3.3restore.ipsw and thing ran smooth (at least it looked like that). The ipad never turned back on!
- After finished, itunes gave a message indicating that found an ipad in DFU, ready to restored. I tried turning it back on, doing a had reset and even using RecBoot, but it wont come back.
- Everytime I connect it, itunes will recognize it with the pop-up "Ipad needs to be restored before using". I tried restoring back to 4.3.5 but then it tells me that itunes can't contact the update server.
- Then I tried the pwnage tool, did the whole process step-by-step, but no luck. I looks like it installs the firmware but after completed, it wont turn on.

Side note: I was completely unaware of ther SHSH blobs until after the fact, im pretty sure this doesn't make things any easier...

Please help me restore it!

Lfersantos, i would assume that you've read this threads and already have your 4.3.3 SHSH saved before attempting your restore:

1. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

2. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

3. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...815-how-downgrade-your-ipad-ios-firmware.html

i had a problem similar to yours before. after the 4.3.3 restoration is completed, ipad will restart and itunes will try to activate it, but it cant because TSS server is still running so what i did was to stop TSS, uncheck "set host to cydia" and exit TU, restart itunes and the activation proceeded without a hitch. Give it a try again.

If you're restoring to 4.3.5, then you may skip off TU entirely, just itunes alone will do.

Last edited:

drsaad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ifersantos
did you get a totally black screen ? unresponsive to everythin? no apple logo ?

drsaad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
u opened up your ipad to check the cables?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts