What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!! Upgraded ipad from 3.2.2 to 4.3.3 now stuck in DFU mode

ncaa76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
really could use some help here!

1) I downloaded 4.3.3 and updated my ipad 1G 3.2.2 (it was already jailbroken before). I did an update with tinyumbrella TSS server running in the BG. Installed fine, then after reboot screen went black and got stuck in DFU mode.

2) I installed iReb and attempted to hit fix recovery in tinyumbrella just produced some code and went back to DFU mode.

3) So I tried RECboot and that did not work either.

4)Then I re-jailbroke my ipad with redsn0w and after injection of code on reboot ipad went back into DFU mode.

5) Lastly, I tried sn0wbreeze custom ipsw, again injected code and on reboot went back into DFU mode.

I'm at a lost right now, I was hoping someone could give some more suggestions before I do a complete restore to 4.3.5 and lose my JB. Please help!

Question is it even possible to update unsigned code (ex. 4.3.3 or lower) without having SHSH files?

Thanks for helping me!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a bit lost. Are you saying you DONT have 4.3.3 SHSH's saved? If so, then there is NO WAY you can restore 4.3.3. It does not matter what you do, you can't bypass the SHSH check.

But if you are using TU, as you state at the beginning, then it seems to me you do have SHSH for 4.3.3.

So do you have them or not? What SHSH Versions are listed in TU when you open it?

OP
N

ncaa76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was using TU to run the TSS server only. I can only pull the SHSH for 4.3.5 and the 5.0 betas. I did not get the SHSH for the ipad before yesterday.

So without the SHSH I can not re-jailbreak the iPad?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, without blobs, your only option now is to go to 4.3.5 and endure a tethered jailbreak. See our jailbreaking methods sticky for all the info.

OP
N

ncaa76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, without blobs, your only option now is to go to 4.3.5 and endure a tethered jailbreak. See our jailbreaking methods sticky for all the info.

well thanks for the help, I was afraid of that.

OP
N

ncaa76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK so I was able to find the SHSH blobs for 3.2.2, I went ahead and downgraded running the TSS Server and using redsn0w. However I'm still stuck in DFU mode. I tried RECboot (did nothing) and TU Fix recovery (and that did not work either) Can someone please help me out.

Thanks

OP
N

ncaa76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured it out, needed to change the host file to redirect the apple servers.
I see that I have SHSH blobs for 4.3.2 saved on Cydia, so do I just run TSS server on TU and check "request SHSH from cydia"? And then restore with a custom 4.3.2 firmware? Or do I have to download the SHSH from cydia to my computer?

Most reactions

Latest posts