What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad stuck in recovery mode

VaibhavRohan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
i was trying to update my ipad 1 32gb 3.2(jailbroken) to 4.3.3.
i didnt save any shsh blobs for 4.3.3. i found it necessary to update to 4.3.5 then downgrading it to 4.3.3.
my ipad is stuck in recvoery mode after i tried to restore it down to 4.3.3 ofw in itunes (i was using tinyumbrella). i was met with error 20.
i tried using fixrecovery but it says (AppleNANDLegacyFTL::start:AND init failed) on my ipad all the time after i tried 4 times. Pls help! i really want 4.3.3 so i can jb it!
i followed the iphonejailbroken downgrade tutorial.
Cheers

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Without blobs it is impossible. Sorry.

You need to restore to 4.3.5 and make do with a tethered jailbreak. Check our stickies for the details.

OP
V

VaibhavRohan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aw. its ok thanks.
but my ipad is stuck in recovery mode and when i try to do a simple restore i get error 1604.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably because you have redirected your hosts file to Cydia with TinyUmbrella.

1) Open TU, switch to the "Advanced" tab and make sure you UNTICK "Set hosts to Cydia on exit", then exit from TU.
2) Put your iPad into DFU mode by following this guide - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html
3) Start iTunes and click the "Restore" button.

Your iPad should now restore to 4.3.5 without any error messages. Steps 1 and 2 are important, so make sure you do them.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts