What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my iPad 2, and now i think ive broke it :/

JuniorBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, so ive been playing with it for around an hour before i googled jailbreak ipad 2.

never done it before and thought it looked straight forward.

i followed a guide to downgrade first from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3

i got error 3194, so i googled that and followed another guide using tinyumbrella etc

this is where my problem lies.

in tinyumbrella it displays zero SHSH files or anything, when i click save shsh files nothing is downloaded like it is supposed to. tried restoring through itunes with various firmwares and nothing works. it wont turn on and seems to be stuck. i dont know what to do now!
ive searched everywhere and i hope you guys can help.

many thanks

Junior Bear

:scratchhead:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you are getting that error because you didn't save your blobs. Let's wait and see others chime in that actually knows what they are talking about.:eek:

Don't worry ~ really hard to brick your iPad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, can you confirm you followed this tutorial exactly?

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

There is no way that tutorial can finish without having at least 4.3.5 SHSH downloaded. Double check all the steps and follow it again.

Because your iPad is brand new you will not be able to downgrade it. Sorry. The best you can do now is re-install 4.3.5. You will be able to do this once you have finished the tutorial above and exited TU. Simply connect the device in iTunes and press restore. The settings used in the tutorial specifically leave your PC in a state where it can easily restore the latest firmare from Apple without errors such as 3194, so please follow it exactly then try the restore again. OK?

Hope you get it sorted. Just take you time and follow the instructions. Good luck!

OP
J

JuniorBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my problem is, i went throught the downgrade process before saving shsh files

and nowits stuck in like limbo and when i plug it in TU doesnt see any devices
so im unsure how to restore now

Last edited:
OP
J

JuniorBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just tried restoring normally using itunes and it came up with error code 1600 this time

OP
J

JuniorBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry to keep posting, im trying to be as informative as possible.

when it gets to the end of the restore process in itunes it displays'trying to connect with apple servers for vericationof restore'or something along those lines, and then says it cant communicate with servers.

straight away i thought of the host text file that i had edited previously. so i changed it back to normal and retried the restore but its the same everytime.

really bummed out :(

OP
J

JuniorBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its been stuck on 'preparing ipad for restore' for a while now, is this a long process

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I am saying is if you follow what I posted above exactly, it WILL solve your problems. Please don't just ignore it. It is designed to fix the problems you introduced by editing your hosts file. Follow the tutorial exactly as written then restore 4.3.5 in iTunes and you will not get the error. OK?

OP
J

JuniorBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad does not show up in the connected devices tab in tinyumbrella, therefore i can go no further in your guide

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
my ipad does not show up in the connected devices tab

So that probably means it is in DFU mode? If so, press home and power for 10 seconds and let it reset. It should then appear.

If it is not in DFU mode then you have probably messed up the USB driver installation on Windows. Try a different USB port.

What exactly is shown on the iPad screen? Is it just blank or is there the "connect to iTunes" graphic?

OP
J

JuniorBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
isnt it frustrating when we sometimes go for the most complicated solutions first, only to find the obvious and simple are the most effective.

you are a true gentleman, thank you for your help.

sorry for the biggest noob thread ever. bloomin 'eck

Most reactions