What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still Strange Behavior On My IPad 2.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How is it that someone seems to be interfering with my web browsing?

Strange things just keep happening.
I am able to clear the behavior after I shut down the iPad and restart.
But it's annoying.

I suspect because iPad 2 uses the arm processor architecture there is not a separate chipset IC in the iPad.
I originally thought a wireless device was in the chipset, which is like a hub (south bridge or PCH).
But then I did some digging and found that wifi and Bluetooth are done by the arm processor, while the baseband chipset can also do wifi and Bluetooth in addition to the gsm,CDMA,evdo,utms,lte stuff.
I have only the wi fi version, but I do not know if a baseband chip is in the iPad.

My concern is could someone in product development at the baseband chipset company use some kind of testing mode to gain access to my iPad?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why would someone in product development at the baseband chipset company want access to your iPad?

OP
M

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have any beef with someone in product development, cause I don't work there.
But it's possible who ever it is that is doing this does not want me to find out who it is.
Also when was the last time the devil needed a reason to do something bad to regular people.

I might add with the Internet and social networking, the world has become very small.
It's the saying, we know the guy who knows the guy, we don't have to worry we're covered.

I could see how something like testing mode on the baseband chipset could anonymously get out.

I recently found out wi fi has a thing called monitor mode. Now it may be harmless but I just wonder what testing capabilities people put into these things.

Anyway I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this as I have updated the iOS or done the due diligence so to speak.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why don't you swap it out then? Make it harder for the devil to do his evil work on you.

OP
M

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to seriously look into it soon. As the holiday season has arrived, I'm not looking forward waiting in lines at the apple store.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Why don't you swap it out then? Make it harder for the devil to do his evil work on you.

That would be my advice too. When one of these things goes rogue who knows what mayhem it is going to cause.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

Most reactions