What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound alerts

momof4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to get my ipad to alert me by sound for new imessages and email etc. I have been to settings, generals, sounds and i have a tone picked for all things i want notified about and the volume is up. I have tried to figure it out in notifications and no luck. Please help.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe your device is muted?
Try going to General then "Use Slide Switch to:", set it to mute, then unmute it with the slide tab on the side of the iPad... Then check.

kkbelle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
momof4 said:
I am trying to get my ipad to alert me by sound for new imessages and email etc. I have been to settings, generals, sounds and i have a tone picked for all things i want notified about and the volume is up. I have tried to figure it out in notifications and no luck. Please help.

I used this advice: ( can't add the http for clickable link as this is my first post )

thehowto.wikidot.com/unmute-ipad

I had the mysterious sound off in all apps and music thing this morning. I used a set of head phones and put them in and out of my headphone jack, turned iPad off (top button only) and it came back on. This was after half an hour of fiddling about in settings. In my case when I used the bottom bar to slide right to the controls my sound bar had no slider on it.

Good luck

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll go a bit off topic on this one.
kkbelle said:
I used this advice: ( can't add the http for clickable link as this is my first post )

Why not just put the "http://" in front? It'll automatically be a clickable link.

And in an addition, if you're still finding a hard time, just try to reset the settings.

kkbelle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AllenSalar said:
I'll go a bit off topic on this one.

...and quite unnecessarily.

English IS my first language and I've usually have no trouble expressing myself. When I said I was unable to add a clickable link I was referring to the restrictions of this forum. The software intervenes at the insertion of the normal clickable link and tells one that one must post here three times before being able to do so, and that was my first. This is now my second and it's to respond to a flamer.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@kkbelle
Ok ok, I'm sorry, I didn't have any bad intentions with posting that one and I had no intention of flaming of some sort, I just didn't know. Please excuse my ignorance.

Last edited:

kkbelle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AllenSalar said:
@kkbelle
Ok ok, I'm sorry, I didn't have any bad intentions with posting that one and I had no intention of flaming of some sort, I just didn't know. Please excuse my ignorance.

Fair enough -accepted.

Most reactions

Latest posts