Weird alert

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Elephant, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Elephant

Elephant iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, so last night at I think about 1 am my iPad makes a very weird noise. I went to settings then sounds and found out the sound came from the sent email alert (the alert i set it to is suspense btw). But the weird thing is I didn't even send an email! What is this?
  2. Elephant

Elephant iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone tell me if this is in the wrong forum. Sorry if it is I thought it should be in help.
  3. Amy Rose The Hedgehog

Amy Rose The Hedgehog iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    It means someone sent you an email. It happens to me all the time.
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,356 / 1
    There are two email sound settings, one for sent and one for received. Normally they are set to Swoosh for sent and (I don't remember because I turned it off) for received.

If the sound you heard was set for sent, and only sent, then it probably means an email you tried to send earlier was sitting in the Outbox waiting for a good connection. Or if it was an email with a large attachment, the iPad finally finished sending it.

Hold in mind you can initiate emails not only from the Mail app, but from other apps as well. For instance, if you sent a photo (or photos) to someone from the Photos app it may have taken a while to finish sending. A slow internet connection will do this. Also, if you spent most of the day off line, or on a 3G connection, the emails may have been delayed getting sent.

If you are curious:

Open your Mail and view it in Landscape. Tap the Mailbox button above the email list. Keep tapping it (if necessary) until you see two lists, one with your Inboxes and the other with your accounts. Open the account and look in the Sent folder. The email that just got sent should be on top (or near the top if you've sent more since).