What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sound notification problem

redwind30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something has changed with my IPad and I can't figure out what has happened. Up until a few days ago anytime I got a new email the I pad would alert me with a special sound. Now, it does not alert me until after I open the cover and press on the mail icon. I have checked under settings and I do have the sound option checked. Like I said it plays the sound, but it only plays the sound AFTER I open the mail icon, which really does not do me much good. The same is true with the calender/reminder notifications.
What have I done?????????????
Thanks

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
redwind30 said:
Something has changed with my IPad and I can't figure out what has happened. Up until a few days ago anytime I got a new email the I pad would alert me with a special sound. Now, it does not alert me until after I open the cover and press on the mail icon. I have checked under settings and I do have the sound option checked. Like I said it plays the sound, but it only plays the sound AFTER I open the mail icon, which really does not do me much good. The same is true with the calender/reminder notifications.
Thanks

In the settings of the mail the "push" has to be active - but if you did not change that until a few days ago there should not be a change in it either...
However, depending on the email service you use there may be a problem with the push service...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
redwind30 said:
Thanks

If it was just your email doing it I'd suggest making sure you haven't accidentally set your accounts for manual checking, but since you said it was also the calendar and reminder, try closing everything out of the multitask bar and then completely power down your iPad and turn it back on and see if it helps.

hpulmer said:
In the settings of the mail the "push" has to be active - but if you did not change that until a few days ago there should not be a change in it either...
However, depending on the email service you use there may be a problem with the push service...

That is incorrect. Push it not required to get new mail alerts, as my family regularly gets reminded if I forget to mute my iPad before before going to bed. :)

Also, the fact that calendars and reminders aren't alerting correctly means it's probably the device itself with the issue anyway :)

Last edited:

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
joeyteel said:
That is incorrect. Push it not required to get new mail alerts, as my family regularly gets reminded if I forget to mute my iPad before before going to bed. :)

Also, the fact that calendars and reminders aren't alerting correctly means it's probably the device itself with the issue anyway :)

The latter I agree completely.
Regarding the new mail alerts also, as long as you have the mailbox being checked for on a regular schedule.
It appears that even this is not the case at the mail-sound-problem of the OP.

Most reactions

Latest posts