What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad notification alarm sound

Janaki77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why my iPad keeps making a 'pinging' sound, but with no message as to what the alert/notification is? I have several sounds set for new messages etc, but occasionally it makes a sound but there is no visible reason for it... Mystified!

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it from your email? Mine makes a notice when I get an email, or an iMessage. It could also possibly be from one of your games.

OP
Janaki77

Janaki77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought that too, but I have checked all my sound alerts and none of them are set to 'ding'! In the sound library there is a 'ding' sound and I haven't selected it for anything. Also, when it dings, there is nothing popping up on screen - as with mail/games etc. .??

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why my iPad keeps making a 'pinging' sound, but with no message as to what the alert/notification is? I have several sounds set for new messages etc, but occasionally it makes a sound but there is no visible reason for it... Mystified!

Hi There-Try to turn off all notification sound alerts if you haven't done that already. See if that helps-also look into your apps such as games/other apps that allow for an alert.

I am also going to move this out of the POLL section and into the HELP section so you can get more attention.

Thanks.

flypsv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Random duo-tone sound with no obvious link to alarm, badge, alert, game or other app

I also have this duo-tone sound, kind of 'tada', that does not fit any of the existing sounds under General -Sounds. I turned OFF all sounds, all notifications, and went through all my programs (I don't have any games). If turned the volume down, but this beep continues anyway, at random. My wife says it is like a tamagushi, it serves to force me to take the iPad and check on it. But I cannot figure out what the sound announces or is related to. Appreciate any input or idea.
One more word. I had lost all sound and the sound buttons in the General Settings were apparently not working. I applied a a workaround that i found on a forum. It called for changing the function of the side switch from lock rotation to MUTE. This effectively corrected the problem and returned the normal sound function and the keyboard clicks. But then this random beep or duo-tone appeared...
Any help is appreciated, thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts