What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my sounds???

Flybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have lost the alert sounds, like the swoosh of outgoing mail, keyboard keystrokes etc. This happened once before and I went to settings and hit restore down at the bottom and this corrected it. Also I have a Bright House App. for watching TV and when I initially installed it there was no audio, the picture was great but no sound. After the restore it worked great for about two weeks and then I lost all the above listed sounds and now no audio again.
I realize something is set wrong but need help figuring it out. Also all the other sounds like videos etc. work great.
Thanks,
Flybob

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the following:

Settings/general/set side switch....select MUTE not auto rotation

Now physically mute the iPad from the side switch (red dot visible on switch when in on position)

Now physically unmute the iPad from the side switch. (red dot not visible on switch when in off position)

Now test for sounds, see if they are working again.

This is a known sound bug usually caused when upgrading to v5.1 of iOS.

Good luck.

OP
Flybob

Flybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
Try the following:

Settings/general/set side switch....select MUTE not auto rotation

Now physically mute the iPad from the side switch (red dot visible on switch when in on position)

Now physically unmute the iPad from the side switch. (red dot not visible on switch when in off position)

Now test for sounds, see if they are working again.

This is a known sound bug usually caused when upgrading to v5.1 of iOS.

Good luck.

Wow works like it's supposed too....many thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts