What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

skype?

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ive just downloaded Skype onto my ipad and made an account and called my house from my bedroom and it works and its very clear. At the moment im using it over wifi and it does say its free. So im doulbe checking on here to see if there is any hidden charges for makeing phone calls over skype.

Thanks for any replys.

Last edited:
OP
S

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is actualy strange as i made a phone call from skype using my ipad to my house phone and it worked. I tried it again then it said i need skype credits to make a call. So i have not used it since and i thought it was kinda strange asking for credits.

didisinned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dl the whistle app :) free calls to anyone in the U.S, it just periodically plays a short ad. Pretty awesome tho!

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whistle is pretty good and listening to a 15 second advertisement isn't bad.

Skype works great. You need to purchase credits if you're going to make calls to someone other than a Skype user. I am in Japan for business and calling to my home phone in the US is $0.02 per minute. Cheap enough and vastly cheaper than cell phone or hotel rates.

EODtech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have an Apple headset or a
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
party to use Skype / iPad?

Veper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Skype a lot, and the only problem that I have is that u turn skype on, u sign in, u make a call then u wait for someone to call u, but while u wait u can't do anything else because if u press the home button it exits u out of skype. Skype rlly needs to make it to run in the background or something. U guys getting my point? Hope I made sense.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Skype a lot, and the only problem that I have is that u turn skype on, u sign in, u make a call then u wait for someone to call u, but while u wait u can't do anything else because if u press the home button it exits u out of skype. Skype rlly needs to make it to run in the background or something. U guys getting my point? Hope I made sense.

Exactly. For now you can only make calls because you're not available to others as you're off doing something else...

Most reactions

Latest posts