What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a good Skype/MSN IM app...

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking for a decent IM app that can handle both Skype and MSN/Windows Live Messenger, much like the official Skype app does. I'm also looking for the app to handle being logged in from two locations at once.

I've tried the official Skype app, and while it does work for the most part, it's rather glitchy with Windows Live contacts, and sometimes doesn't receive messages when I'm logged into both my computer and the iOS device.

I also tried IM+, and while IM+ used to work flawlessly in the past, it also seems quite glitchy nowadays and often doesn't receive messages when logged in from both my computer and iOS device. It works somtimes, but other times it doesn't.

Back when Windows Live Messenger was still separate from Skype, IM+ worked flawlessly with it as I said; messages got sent to both my computer and IM+ 100% of the time. Now that Skype and WLM are merged though, IM+ does work, but often doesn't get messages that my computer receives.

Are there any IM apps that handle multiple login locations well, and also support the new Skype/WLM merge?

Most reactions

Latest posts