What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show touch points

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're a 'veteran' and know 'BASIC' then get 'Basic!'. It's a (the first, the only?) programming language for the iPad and it has an instruction that returns the exact pixel location of a user's touch.

Other than that, it's a standard implementation of BASIC - but with additions to access the iPad screen, accelerometers etc.

Great fun and useful too.

OK - so here we go

REM Doodle!
loop:
IF Touch=1 THEN
CIRCLE TouchX, TouchY, 10
END IF
GOTO loop

Tim

OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
Thank you Tim, that basic code does show the touch points. It must be the most basic, no pun intended, note taking tool.

I assume code is limited to run within BASIC! ? Ideally the points would show system-wide.

Attachments

• image-3418448408.png
    image-3418448408.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 555

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'd want to erase previous point too. So,

if(touched==true)
if(oldX,Y!=0) erase old circle
draw new circle at X,Y
oldX,Y = X,Y

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your JB'd and using "DisplayOut", it will provide a circle to indicate where your fingers are touching the iPad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your JB'd and using "DisplayOut", it will provide a circle to indicate where your fingers are touching the iPad.

+1 for DisplayOut pocobear. Absolutely my most used JB tweak whilst at work...

I had totally forgotten that it had settings to show your taps on screen (I have them off). Small, Medium, and Large, don't you know! Thanks for the reminder.

OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion pocobear. Something like DisplayOut is exactly what I am looking for.

I just bought DO 1.3.4, but even though the settings to show taps are enabled, does it not show any. Is it not yet compatible with 4.3.1?

Ok, looks like Show Taps has to be disabled/reenabled after first launch to get it working.

Another question, is it normal, that the whole screen gets temporarily overlaid with a purple color? It only stays for a second or two and then continues to show the screen, as if nothing happened.

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried mine, I'm using the VGA cable to a Sony 60" HD-TV and I don't have any blue/purple tint at all. Though sometimes I get the blue/purple tint on the iPad when I accidentally select the whole screen, in copy mode, and sometime, it's hard to get ride of, usually close the app and re-open it and it's gone. I must say that it's amazingly sharp most of the time, considering that it's enlarge a lot on a 60" screen.:) Google Maps are very good in sat mode. I'll be glad when more apps support AirPlay.

If your using the new adapter, 30 pin to HDMI, maybe it is the HDMI handshake causing it to discolor for a couple of seconds, until the iPad syncs up with TV.

FYI; I have heard that there's an app that allows you to control the iPad from the iPhone or iTouch, via WiFi, so you can control the iPad from across the room, instead of jumping up and running over to the iPad to change things. I can't remember the name, but I think it's in the app store.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts