What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPod touch 2g (MC) 4.2.1 os.

LEG1ON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying over the last couple of days to jailbreak my children's iPod touches to no avail. I have tried every different way possible, I have been using green poison. It is going through the procedure fine with the white screen then the scrolling data then it reboots.
It even has the little skull logo as It reboots. But there is no Cydia app. I have watched numerous video of how to do it but still to no avail,any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way whats the difference between an iPod touch MC and other iPods could this be where I am going wrong.
Cannot seem to find much info about it, sick of watching utube vids.

Thanks very much......

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what you describe, the jailbreak is complete.
Just a simple question, you are looking for the Cydia app on the next / last page of icons aren't you? I've helped a few people in the past who didn't realise they had to scroll the home screen to the left to see Cydia.
If you type Cydia into the spotlight search (swipe right from the home screen) does it appear as a search result, and if so, can you run it from there?
You don't have an icon called "loader" instead do you? If so, run this and you will be able to install Cydia.
Another reason could be you are using a bad version of greenpois0n. What version number is it? RC what? I seem to remember there was a version of it which did not install correctly?

If these don't help, get back to me with as many details as you can.

OP
L

LEG1ON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have scrolled to left and right but there is know sign of anything, no cydia, nowt. Also used spotlight to search aswell.The jailbreak went fine with no problems, white screen then the date then reboot and the logo at reboot. I was using the newest version of greenpoison aswell.
I have tried the jailbreak numerous times and the same outcome!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
LEG1ON said:
I have scrolled to left and right but there is know sign of anything, no cydia, nowt. Also used spotlight to search aswell.The jailbreak went fine with no problems, white screen then the date then reboot and the logo at reboot. I was using the newest version of greenpoison aswell.
I have tried the jailbreak numerous times and the same outcome!

Very odd. You shouldn't see the logo unless it's jailbroken. Have you tried "old faithful", a reboot?

OP
L

LEG1ON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes tried that aswell, its got me stumped well and truly.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I'm stumped too. Sorry bout that. I sold my iPT2G a long time ago, so can't test it out for you...

Maybe some of our other members have one or know what the problem might be?

Good luck.

fivefeet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the exact problem too! Hope someone out there can help us!

fivefeet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ohh!! I found the solution from another site
Hope this helps, since it helped me!
This forum won't let me post links until I have three posts so I'm gonna give the link to you separately

OP
L

LEG1ON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will check it out when I get home from work, will let you know soon as. Thanks very much.

OP
L

LEG1ON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your a star mate, great find, kids will be made up now.
worked a treat.:):):)

Most reactions

Latest posts