What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to freeze the screen

patrickwt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a stock ipad 2 and I am still trying to get used to it.

I would like to know if there is a way to freeze the screen from scrolling, that is to get it to stop scrolling when I touch it or swipe my finger.

For exaple, I open maps and zoom in to an extent I want. But if I touch the screen it moves. This is very annoying when trying to show details to someone using a map and you can not touch the screen to point something out or trace a feature.

Same thing for viewing a pdf, if I open one up and zoom to where it shows a particular paragraph then use my finger to point out a particular sentence or clause, the screen shifts around if I touch it with my finger.

I have searched for this topic, but not really sure what term to use. If this is something that should be easy to find with a search, just give me the name of this function and I will look it up.

Thanks,

Patrick

OP
P

patrickwt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The freezer trick didn't work, the ipad thawed too fast once I took it out.

The 2 fingers on the screen with one hand while using the another to move around works great, thanks for the tip.

Patrick

Most reactions

Latest posts