What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show me how to hack my ipad that does not work so I can get the info of the HDD

apples

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.superbrightledflashlight.org
I have an ipad 1. The kids dropped it, cracked the screen, worked for a little while, now it is dead.

Is it possible to still get the info off the hard drive at all. When I try to turn it on all it does it go from being the black screen to a lighter black/grey. From memory I think it flashes the apple logo for like a few seconds then it all goes dead black again. Then flashes the apple logo with the grey background, then off again.

The ipad does nothing when connected to the PC via itunes.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you clarify what info you need off the device? Everything should be backed up in iTunes or iCloud the last time you pressed 'sync', depending on what you were using.

I'm not sure there is any need to jailbreak the device, and it doesn't sound like the device is working properly anyway (even with it's broken screen), so the JB would not be successful.

Let us know what it is you are trying to retrieve and we'll see if there is another way.

OP
A

apples

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.superbrightledflashlight.org
Well I was thinking of selling it and wanted to make sure that I could get all my personal info off it. But if I can get a new screen cheap, and fix the not turning on issue Then I could sell it for a bit more hopefully.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try putting it into DFU mode and restoring it to wipe before you sell it. Screens aren't costly or time intensive to replace though. Less than $50 US and 2 hours of your time and you can have it going.

Most reactions

Latest posts