What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should my friend buy new summer rims or an ipad 2?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He asked me and I said rims mainly cause he already has a mbp and he said he would only use his iPad just on the couch lol. To me he should save the $ and just carry his mbp to the couch. The rims he could get with summer tires and install would be just over $1300 cdn tax in. Ipad2 would obviously be $550 cdn tax in. He said he needs to decide today cause the rims he wants might sell to the other guy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think anyone but your friend can answer this. He has to choose what the higher priority for him is. For me, it would be the iPad, but my rims are fine :D

youngun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walks into thread...

...walks outta thread.

(btw Tapmyapple I like your new case)

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rims, like car rims that go over tires? ***EDIT*** it I say iPad, then again I'm a computer person and not a car person so you cant trust me. You also can't watch NC-17 material on rims so there. :p

Depening on how big his MBP is I would almost consider them mobile desktops instead of "laptops". Then again I went from a laptop to a tower after college so now with my iPad Im mobile again. I do not miss the scorched feeling of my own flesh as apple laptops tend to cool out the case and into you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rims, like car rims that go over tires? ***EDIT*** it I say iPad, then again I'm a computer person and not a car person so you cant trust me. You also can't watch NC-17 material on rims so there. :p

Depening on how big his MBP is I would almost consider them mobile desktops instead of "laptops". Then again I went from a laptop to a tower after college so now with my iPad Im mobile again. I do not miss the scorched feeling of my own flesh as apple laptops tend to cool out the case and into you.

His MBP is a 13" Not that much bigger than an ipad 2.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In case your friend can't decide, he can always buy 4 iPad's and use them as display rim's.

ROFL, although he best wait for this:
Flexible electronic display: U.S. military will give flexible electronic display a field test - latimes.com

I hearz through the grape vine that the Arizona State University research team workin on some of this is getting closer. Rims that can really play movies :p. In the year 20XX, "I got a baby photo slideshow on my hubcaps, I'ma proud parent!"

Last edited:

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
550.00 is all they cost? I haven't checked them out cause I'm happy with mine but hey that's cheeper then then I paid for my iPad 1

Most reactions