What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it seams everyone has useing a ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seriously, people need to be corrected more often when they butcher the language. A majority of the time it is NOT someone who simply isn't familiar with the language, but rather a person of questionable intelligence. Also, every single web browser in existence corrects your spelling for you, so there really isn't a valid excuse to post something so awful. Correcting someone who makes a single error or typing mistake is ridiculous, but when its almost unreadable, someone should stand up and say "wut?".

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing to be gained at correcting someone's spelling and grammar is an over inflated sense of one's perceived superiority.

If someone wishes to chastise a fellow forum user for what is perceived to be poor spelling and sentence structure then by all means do so, but do it in a private message.

Shouldn't common courtesy be considered as important as proper sentence structure?

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been messing with the new File Maker Go app which allows you to open and update all File Maker Pro apps. I've been struggling for months with FM Touch and never got anywhere. File Maker Go just made live easy using your data base apps. Now we have another strong business tool for the iPad and it's going to open a lot new doors. The iPad is going to be used for everything and it's going to do it well.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is going to be used for everything...
Wow! You took a big drink, didn't you?
steve_koolaid2.jpg

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as one very famous person who said this statement .. people who belittle other people really are by belittleing themself in the long run .. for they feel that they are showing the rest of the world how smart they really are for you start out pointing other people mistake then remember it can come back and bite you in the ----- .. so throw a stone at the house and remember a boulder might come crashing back down onto the house you bult..

Last edited:

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This thread contains a fantastic amount of epic.

I love the fact that every 3rd or 4th poster keeps trying to get us back on track ;)

I've seen 2 iPads in the wild, once on my flight back home and another while I was waiting for a drink in a Starbucks. Seeing that this was the end of June in Canada, the iPad was brand new here and it was EXTRA odd to see it out and about.

I'm guessing the person who had it was trying to be a little extra "Ooh, look at me. I'm in Starbucks and I have an iPad!"

Oh, and I cannot forget a supervisor that works in the same office I do that purchased one. She was 3/4 of the way to get one and her seeing mine just pushed her over the edge. So that's 3. 4 if you count my brother-in-law that has one, even though I've not yet had a chance to see him with it.

As for grammar/spelling/etc...

How far should we ignore the correction of the butchered English language?

I can appreciate a few things. A misspelling here or there. A missplaced to or your instead of too or you're. And if you are ESL, or maybe are 80 yrs old and typing is a struggle for you, then by all means, you're doing your best to make it work. Same with a learning disability.

But for an average, Gen X, Y, Z person, there is no excuse for mistakes I've seen made that even a grade 3 student would shake their head at.

It's not nice to throw stones in glass houses, but if we continue to NEVER correct people, we're going to end up like the people in Idiocracy.

I'd prefer to have myself corrected from time to time when it's a massive screw up than to just be ignored with a "Oh, I don't want to offend."

This damn world is too freakin' PC and we need to start realizing that we're going to end up mindless and stupid if we are too afraid to tell people what they're doing is wrong.

/soapboxrant

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This damn world is too freakin' PC and we need to start realizing that we're going to end up mindless and stupid if we are too afraid to tell people what they're doing is wrong.

/soapboxrant
Yeah, but calling him out in a public forum and basically calling the guy an idiot was, well... rude. Should people's mistakes be corrected? Absolutely! But the guy could have just as easily sent the OP the exact same thing in a PM, but then he wouldn't have been able to show us how smart he was! This wasn't about correcting the OP at all, it was a show of superiority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts