What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it seams everyone has useing a ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
today i was rideing b.a.r.t. back to where i had parked my car instead of driveing into the city and dealing with traffic .. i was sitting next to a gentlemen and he was useing his ipad and when i pulled out my ipad he looked over and saw me on my ipad and we stuck up converstion about the ipad and how we use them .. he basic said that he use it more now than his laptop along with fact that he does not have to carry as much extras with him as he would with the laptop ..the one thing he said he loved about the ipad was the fact it lightwieght and it can be used in a limited fuctions of what he needs on the road ..as he put it emails and light websurfing and keeping track of things on his job projects as the train was comeing to our stop we just sit there and talked about the diff fuctions of the ipad ..

so do think you will see more of the ipads in the business world .

Star56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The correct word is "seems" as in "it seems everyone"

The second correct word is "using" as in "everyone is using"

The third correction is " it seems everyone IS using" not HAS using"

The fourth correction is the use of "an" not "a"

The fifth correction is "driving" not "driveing"

The sixth correction is "riding" not "rideing"

The seventh correction is "lightweight" not "lightwieght"

The eight correction is " so do think you" is nonsense and not english.

Are you illiterate?

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It all ready is happening I jhave 7 business associates 3 in it others in sales whom no longer carry laptops with them. One in fact called to do excited that filemaker is now available as it is one of the main programs he needed. As more applications come on board it will be accepted more.
I also believe Apple will release either 1 or 2 different size ipads maybe by end of year .

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it was kind of funny with me in my blues jeans and t-shirt and hikeing and him in his suit and tie and dress shoes sitting there talking about the diff programs and ideas behind the ipad along how apple seams to be on there game about useing a device for business and personal use ..

for the world of business is going to taken by storm in the next few years by the advancement of the world of the smart phones and ipad style tablets where you no longer need to carry a laptop on business trips it can and will be done by combo of the two devices..

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Are you illiterate?

Relax, dude. It's obvious that English is not his first language. You understood what he was saying, did you not? Just imagine if you had limited knowledge of Mandarin and you were posting on a Chinese website. Many people would be too scared to post, precisely because of people like you :)

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Are you illiterate?

Relax, dude. It's obvious that English is not his first language. You understood what he was saying, did you not? Just imagine if you had limited knowledge of Mandarin and you were posting on a Chinese website. Many people would be too scared to post, precisely because of people like you :)

by the way i was born in the states.. he get this month award for beening the grammer and spelling nazi.. people who get onto people about there spelling and grammer they are hideing the fact that they have nothing better to do than to point out people bad habits ..

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not make it a point to correct people's grammar or spelling, because none of us are perfect. But I do have to say that attempting to use proper english is a sign of respect for those whom you are corresponding with.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am no grammar nazi and if it was a few mistakes then yeah his response would have been way out of line. However, that is some pretty bad writing. As a former ESL teacher I cringe when I see Americans that write like a 3 year old and former ESL students at 6 years old that write better than most American high school kids.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seem to remember a quote that begins with, "People in glass houses shouldn't..." Does anybody remember the rest of that quote?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all due respect, it appears that many people don't even use spell checkers so I sincerely doubt that the people who probably need this app the most, probably won't be spending $1.99 on this app.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Are you illiterate?

I've never corrected anyone for bad/poor english or grammer but that person has taken the english language to a new low. Maybe he doesn't own an Ipad but gets a kick out of writing that gibberish.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have yet to see anyone using an iPad "out in the wild". We have bought 4 here at work for various people in the company, and I know a couple of people that bought their own. As far as I know, none of them carry their iPad on a daily basis. They take them traveling on the road, but I'm not sure what else they do with them. 3 or the people that have them here at work got them not having a clue what they were going to do with it - it was just the latest thing and it looked cool. One has already told me he hardly uses it anymore - just around the house sometimes.

I hope they catch on for business use. They really need to address the lacking in the office apps category though. I think it will get there eventually, but I think its a big part of the entertainment reputation the iPad has right now. This thing could be a serious business machine, but it needs the software tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts