What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sent from my iPad

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. So this post is being written on my iPad. I've been playing with it for an hour or so and I am really impressed. Just a few quick observations before I go back to playing:

1. iBooks is amazing! I've used a Sony Reader for three years and this blows it away.

2. Email is great.

3. There are no instructions with this thing and you don't need any.

4. It does not get hot at all. Maybe vaguely warm in the middle of the back.

5. The keyboard works well but unless you have very small hands, touch typing will be tricky.

6. The iPod app is the best music player ever.

That's enough for now. Enjoy your own when you get them.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the first-person quick review. I am glad to finally see this day come

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is so cool. Now I really can't wait to get mine. Did it come with a good charge out of the box?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ah, I'm drooling! I can't wait to see what kinda changes we can make to the forum to make the browsing experience better on the iPad.

OP
rwsimon

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine came with a full charge. Down to 80% now after 2 1/4 hours.
Netflix app works great, by the way.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah, I'm drooling! I can't wait to see what kinda changes we can make to the forum to make the browsing experience better on the iPad.

Yes iDan, I was hoping you would create some kind of mobile version to make it easier to view from my phone or touch. I'm sure that could be adaptable for the ipad as well, although, because of the larger screen the "full" version may be fine. Of course I won't be able to tell you for another month unfortunately. :( Oh well, back to living vicariously through the wifi people and obsessing about "Late April".

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im so jealous ....someone should make a faces behind the ipad thread just so ppl can actually see who there talking to seen that thread in google some where :)

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine came with a full charge. Down to 80% now after 2 1/4 hours.
Netflix app works great, by the way.

Awesome rwsimon, thanks for the info. So a little under 10% an hour and the battery isn't even conditioned yet. Sounds like 10 hours is a minimum. Once the battery is conditioned it should last way over 10 hours of full "play" time. Very cool...:D

JCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two of them were with my doorman - now on my table but we're having coffee and bagels first, THEN we open 'em (after washing hands of course). ;-) I hope everyone who ordered gets 'em today!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is ups at least saying delivered so I know if they are lazy and leave it at the office?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice of you to send something rwsimon. I would have expected people to just clamup and play with the iPad for the rest of the day. I would have...:D

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice of you to send something rwsimon. I would have expected people to just clamup and play with the iPad for the rest of the day. I would have...:D

The funny thing, iVan, is that it's probably the first thing I'll do when I get my 3G. Won't be as momentous as a launch "shout out" but I will definitely be on here after I set it up. Oh and after I take pictures to try to win whatever prize iDan has set up for us poor 3G people.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two of them were with my doorman - now on my table but we're having coffee and bagels first, THEN we open 'em (after washing hands of course). ;-) I hope everyone who ordered gets 'em today!
What self control, you are the man!

Most reactions

Latest posts