Seeking Feedback: Incase Convertible Book Jacket

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Brad Groux, May 12, 2010.

1. Brad Groux

Brad Groux
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the Convertible Book Jacket from Apple.com yesterday. The site said 1-2 week delivery, but I placed my order yesterday during the late afternoon and I received the notice this afternoon that it had been shipped via FedEx Ground... so I should have it by Wednesday or Thursday. I'll be putting up a full review with high-resolution images and an HD video once I get it. Well, I should say once I get the case AND my iPad, as I'm on day 11 of waiting for the iPad 3G... GRR!

2. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Post back when you get the Dodo - that looks like the sturdiest, slimmest case so far.

3. Lisa@fortte

Lisa@fortte
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Our technical staff has reviewed the posting in the forum and has taken the advise suggested by some members to improve the security of the iPad once inside the case.
    We have made several improvements to the iPad Keeper design including the insertion and a hidden snap that has no effect on the thickness of the case as it is indented but it does the work to protect the iPad from falling.
    Thank you for the feedback, we hear and we care about your investment.

[​IMG]

#13 Lisa@fortte, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  4. Brad Groux

Brad Groux
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hey Lisa, thanks for posting this. I'm looking forward to the improvements you guys are making, please let us know when the improved design is available.

5. Lisa@fortte

Lisa@fortte
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Picture is now showing, thanks for your time

#15 Lisa@fortte, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  6. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you ship to Australia? Or have distributers here

Col

7. Alcoholicaust

Alcoholicaust
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I've had the convertible book jacket since the wifi's launch day. I've got two now. The first one had that problem where my iPad kept slipping out. I called incase about it, and they sent me a warranty replacement and told me to keep the old one. The new one I'd received is tighter it seems, but I still got some shimmy out of it. I ended up putting a full body skin/shield by clear coat on it. The tackiness of the skin keeps my iPad in place inside the book jacket. A little bit of liquid car wax on the front screen removes the tackiness so I can swipe my fingers across it comfortably and without hangups.

As for the rest of the case, I've noticed the cover bows out a little now that I've gotten some use out of it. I actually enjoy the extra thickness the cover provides as it helps me grip the device better. I like the case. I don't love it. Still waiting for that one folio style case to just be "the one."

8. Brad Groux

Brad Groux
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    After a shipping problem (blame FedEx) I finally have my CBJ. I am writing a detailed review that I will be posting on my blog tomorrow.

9. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I have an incase for my ipad.
    I like that its leather and the inside is ok. but its cheaply made. I already got a part of the leather that is split.

The cut outs dont match the accessory ports like they should.
    Headphone jack is completely coverd
    ipad doesnt stay all way way in, it slowly slides out.

10. Brad Groux

Brad Groux
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    First of all, it's imitation leather and I imagine it isn't incredibly durable... I better scratching it with a fingernail too hard would rip the "leather," or at least show a visible. It's kind of sad that a $60 dollar case isn't real leather. My ports are lined up perfectly with the cuts, you must have one of the earlier models as that is a problem they fixed. The seams of the case are well constructed and the iPad secures snuggly for the most part. Overall I am happy with the case, but it isn't perfect. I'll give more juicy bits tomorrow with photos and video as well.