What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor- I hate rumors but......

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heard from a friend that apple.com was tell people making orders to expect 4-6 week delays with certain models. 3G mostly Has anyone else heard this?

Mplough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the website, it says, "Ships in 2-3 weeks" on ALL models now. Wouldn't be a stretch.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I predict also that the "other countries" launch will be pushed back beyond the 25th.

I think Apple seriously underestimated the demand or bumbled the manufacturing buildup.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"bumbled" from our point of view but an astute pre-emptive kick in the pants to it's rivals...

SDM44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I predict also that the "other countries" launch will be pushed back beyond the 25th.

This is what I'm waiting to find out. If the 'other countries' get theirs on time, then I would expect that more iPads will be come available around that or soon after (thus the 2-3 week shipping period on Apple's website).

Although due to the higher demand, I see it like the iPhone 4.... unless you got it during the first couple of days (either delivered or went to the store), you'll have to wait a good 3 weeks before the next big batch hits stores everywhere. But then that'll give me enough time to play with some demo models at the Apple store and decide if I really want to get one, or find a 1st gen for cheaper.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"bumbled" from our point of view but an astute pre-emptive kick in the pants to it's rivals...

Hehe, you certainly have a point - the timing is impeccable. But still I think they underestimated the demand.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
still I think they underestimated the demand.

Not so certain. Think they are gambling that they can ramp up the supply in time.
It's a complete redesign and assembly is probably easier this time.
If Tim Cook is as good as his reputation has it, they should be on top of supply with only a few local shortages of specific models (eg. white 64mb 3g).

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But still I think they underestimated the demand.

So did I. I truly thought we had approached market saturation with the first one, and that iPad 2 would have a more sedate roll-out with a few new buyers and a gradual adaptation rate by iPad 1 owners. I just don't get Apple fans.

Reaction score
When the tablet market is starting to boom and the best alternative is a Xoom (not a great alternative imo ) expect higher initial demand .
If they missed the boat on anything it was the explosion of the tablet market and tax refund season in the US that coincided with the 2 launch

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

Truck Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Blk 64GB/3G ATT version is shipping April 1st, so 2-3 weeks is correct.
Ordered at 7:30am the first day.

Most reactions

Latest posts