What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor: A Maxi 12.9 inch iPad in the works?

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
new-ipad-updated.jpg

​
Apple is apparently going from Mini to Maxi. New information relayed by the Korean website ETNews.com showcases a new project popping up in the Apple garden. This time we’re not talking in shrunken parameters, but in maximized ones.

According to the publication, the Cupertino tech giant is working on an iPad Maxi. This obviously means that users might soon see on the market a tablet with a larger (12.9-inch) diagonal screen. Basically more room to do everything – Apple is trying to optimize gaming experience and video streaming. The tech giant is reportedly thinking of increasing tablet screen size due to th​​e substantial competition provided by Ultrabooks lately. The information has been obtained from sources familiar with the matter who have received information from inside Apple’s manufacturing partners in Korea.

The information is a little bit puzzling especially if one sits down and analyzes the current Apple table trends. The latest addition to the tablet gang – the iPad Mini, has been received extremely well by the public. In fact, it has been embraced so easily, that the shrunken spawn managed to cannibalize the market share of the fully fledged iPad. Now, recent rumors seem to indicate that Apple is willing to drop the price of the future iPad Mini even more. Can a maxi iPad fit into this picture?

And if Apple wants to compete with Ultrabooks, doesn’t it have the MacBook Air line already? Why build a larger tablet and hassle developers with re-designing apps to fit such a stretched out screen? But who knows, as more details are added to this first rumor the scenario might start to make actual sense.

Source: NDTV

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure that appeals to me, that's quite a big screen to hold and presumably a bit of a weight penalty.......so I'll probably buy one!!

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure that appeals to me, that's quite a big screen to hold and presumably a bit of a weight penalty.......so I'll probably buy one!!

The Archangel

You'll have to buy two, so you aren't leaning to one side when walking. You have to keep the weight balanced, you see.;)

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It would be great to read music from. Battery requirements might make it a bit heavy to be as easily portable as the iPad and iPad Mini though.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm all about larger screens and that's why phones just don't cut it for me. But, the current full size iPad happens to be the perfect blend of size and portability, IMO. Goldilocks would be proud. It's just right. I can't see what I'd do with a larger iPad. Ill stick with the current sized models.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never lined up at an Apple store for a purchase before. I might if that came out. Just a rumour?...Could very well happen. Nothing was introduced in the usual March-April cycle of "something new". And there have been hints that Apple will provide something interesting "in the northern hemisphere fall". I see that quite marketable for someone to use at home on a comfortable sofa not having to poke a finger at tiny little squares just to log in. And the videos... Books... Yeah I think:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might buy one for home use, if true.

A bigger screen would be handy as long as I can still carry from room to room. I don't hold my current iPads anyway -- I have stands for that. As long as it fits on this, I'm good: Amazon.com: LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand for all iPads Galaxy Xoom Nook and Other eBooks and Tablets: Computers & Accessories

Apparently this is the new holder for it http://www.amazon.com/Trademark-Too...id=1370009893&sr=8-1&keywords=Massive+trolley

The Archangel

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never lined up at an Apple store for a purchase before. I might if that came out. Just a rumour?...Could very well happen. Nothing was introduced in the usual March-April cycle of "something new". And there have been hints that Apple will provide something interesting "in the northern hemisphere fall". I see that quite marketable for someone to use at home on a comfortable sofa not having to poke a finger at tiny little squares just to log in. And the videos... Books... Yeah I think:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do not line up; there will be plenty to go around!:eek:

My son, going uber-large is a big decision, and waiting six months for the lines to subside will give you time to reflect. You will need a new case, a new dock because of Lightening 2.1 and more clean wipes. If you want to save the cows, remember, an entire cow will be required for the case. Also, you will only be able to run apps optimized for 12.9 inches.;)

I am excited. Wow, a foot long plus iPad. I read about these in 1965; the guy in the flying car had one.

SERIOUSLY . . . I will definitely buy one.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about movies? All on my movies just fit the iPad 1. Will they be letter-boxed and letter-sidided?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would probably buy one and pair it with the Apple wireless keyboard to use as a desktop device. This setup would be beneficial in that I could carry it into another room, sans the kb, and use it as a media player. Gotta love mobile devices.

Sent from my iOS device using Tapatalk.

Most reactions

Latest posts