What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad restore problem,help needed badly

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I am from India ,were Ipad is not officially available ,I had to buy it from someone from US at a premium price.I bought Ipad 64gb 3g version with 3.2.2 FW. Things got sick,when I tried jb with limera1n.JB went fine,but after installing cydia,it crashed ,now am stuck with apple logo.I can get it into dfu mode,but on trying restore,am getting error like "not eligible for requested build" in mac or error 3014 and alike,when trying restore in windows.Anyway I havent yet crossed software verification step.....pls helpl me out to restore my ipad,no way I can go to service center as apple do not provide service for ipad in India.......:(:confused:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi You won't be able to restore the iPad to 3.2.2 unless the guy you bought it from saved your SHSH files for that version. I would almost guarantee he didnt because you had to jailbreak it.
You can check by downloading tinyumbrella on your PC, although I am not sure if TU will be able to see your iPad if it is stuck in recovery mode. You can give it a go and see.
If they are saved, they will be on the Cydia server.
Even if you cant use TU, you can point iTunes towards Cydia and see if you can then install 3.2.2. To do this, you need to change the hosts file on your PC and insert the line:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

This will make iTunes ask Cydia for your blobs instead of Apple

If this does not work, then you do not have SHSH's for 3.2.2 saved and you MUST restore 4.2.1 (the latest firmware). There is no other option as this is the only firmware you are entitled to from Apple. Put the iPad in DFU mode, remove the line in your hosts file if you inserted it earlier, and press the restore button on iTunes and let it download the latest 4.2.1.

If you get stuck on any of these topics, search the forum as there is lots of information.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
M

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you....at least I got to know whats my problem is:)....and got some hope to see my ipad inn acion,was so desperate:(,of course my shsh files are not with cydia....but I dont mind updating ,
And Itunes is directing me every time to 3.2.2 not 4.21?why? also my host file already have that line?is it because I already tried tinyumbrella? thanks in advance.....:confused:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thank you....at least I got to know whats my problem is:)....and got some hope to see my ipad inn acion,was so desperate:(,of course my shsh files are not with cydia....but I dont mind updating ,
And Itunes is directing me every time to 3.2.2 not 4.21?why? also my host file already have that line?is it because I already tried tinyumbrella? thanks in advance.....:confused:

Yes, so to solve the problem, remove the line from your hosts file. iTunes should offer you only the latest firmware. You can always download it from apple.com and then use shift-restore (or option-restore) and point iTunes to the file you downloaded if there continues to be an issue... That way you know what exact firmware you are installing...
Good Luck!

uniquexme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when u use tiny umbrella, remember to click on the ipad icon on the left panel under device, then select exit recovery. i faced the exact problem like you last time. problem is due to i sync when cydia is still downloading installous or limerain is installing cydia. shd be easy to solve your problem.

OP
M

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when u use tiny umbrella, remember to click on the ipad icon on the left panel under device, then select exit recovery. i faced the exact problem like you last time. problem is due to i sync when cydia is still downloading installous or limerain is installing cydia. shd be easy to solve your problem.
so that I tried installing with 4.2.1 ,now getting an error 11:confused: but am still optimistic,there should be some way around:ipad-front:

OP
M

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to f4780y, i tried restore on my mac with fw 4.2.1,it worked !!!1:)thanks to all how tried to help me out:)

Most reactions

Latest posts