What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repetitive Strain!!!

jaybrass73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe a weird question but is anyone else getting RSI to their wrist and pins and needles in their fingers of the hand you hold the iPad with? I've noticed today - or am I being paranoid? Typical man eh?!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long have you had your iPad? RSI usually takes some time to develop.

Gabi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had that happen to me.... just take a break.

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the damn thing for a little over a week and granted it's gotten lots and lots and loooots of use, and I do find holding it quite uncomfortable, I think the worst thing I've gotten was sweaty palm syndrome. Cause you point... the whole damn time. And the rest of the fingers are bunched up against your palm that I find I have to open my hand every once in a while just to air it out. Waving it about works.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the damn thing for a little over a week and granted it's gotten lots and lots and loooots of use, and I do find holding it quite uncomfortable, I think the worst thing I've gotten was sweaty palm syndrome. Cause you point... the whole damn time. And the rest of the fingers are bunched up against your palm that I find I have to open my hand every once in a while just to air it out. Waving it about works.

i had that issue too until i got my case.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloading this app could really cause some serious repetitive strain injuries! :D

ipad30.jpg

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My cheeks get sore from smiling all the time.

Seriously tho, I had a bout of repetitive strain. You just have to find different positions to use it. Couch leaning, sitting, bed, kitchen table. The trick is to vary your joint positions. I've never had a problem with iPad use because I never stay long enough in one position.

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iCarry!

The perfect product to best utilize your iPad. It features backpack like straps with two steel wires coming on the front of your chest and bent to a stand shape and padded so that an iPad can fit there snug and secure. Adjustable positions to fit every body type.

Accessory your iCarry with the iSupport. Arm support holders that connect to the iCarry on both sides of your body and bend forward at the armpit area. Padded of course for your comfort. Left or right, or both.

And for all of you tilting iPad gamers out there, a new upgrade, iSwivel features a swivel ball supported stand. Holding your iPad in this stand will allow you to move it left, right, up and down so you don't miss a moment of the action. Goes very well with the iSupport.

And for our new ergonomic line we offer a new product, the iLevel. A very intriguing and highly addictive stand that aims to bring the iPad at eye level. It sits on your shoulders and it is secured in the back with straps that hug your chest and also feature iSupport mounts.

Hate typing on the screen? No worries. When playtime is over and work begins, replace the iSupports with the iType. A keyboard tray that fits in the iSupport mounts but that extends forward for easy keyboard placement and even easier typing. No longer will you have to look at the keyboard to type. Looking at the screen will ensure the same level of confidence in your typing skills. Use standing or sitting. Use it when you jog. Use it when you walk the dog. Use it when you mow the lawn. Use it when you drive. Now get more done while enjoying your favorite activities.

bt-92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
use to get that from just using a phone, stopped using it and it went away...
so maybe stop using the ipad for a while ?

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes after awhile of holding it, happens to me also, just have to learn to walk away from it for a lil bit lol I know, easier said then done hehe

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only repetitive strain I get is to my wallet! Repeatedly buying apps!

No I get some carpal tune when typing in certain positions, and when playing some card games where I'm using just one finger constantly....cause it's addicting and in don't take breaks!

Most reactions

Latest posts