What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "new" iPad getting hot. Possible Issue?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jazzephaye said:
Yes..I did..I got to the mall around 4 a.m. I wasn't bad at all, and plus it was my first Apple store launch day experience so it was pretty cool. I have always bought the iPads at retailers. After they opened, I had my iPad within 30 mins. Only thing that took a while was me making sure I stayed grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. All in all I made it back to the house by 10. Not a bad day! I would do it again instead of pre-ordering. What time did your shipment come?

No shipment for me this time ;). Glad you had fun.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On wi-fi, but I do have the LTE version.

Not sure if this is an issue or not, but you might want to turn off your 4G carrier just so it is not looking for a 4G signal. As you may know, the phones will be looking for either wifi or 3/4G. If you are not using 4G it might as well be off until you activiate. As others have said, the much larger battery will generate more heat...so we have a new ballgame to play in now. I don't think my iPad2 ever got warm.

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The more powerful processor you put in a tight space, the hotter it gets. Look at the Macbook Air. The first Core 2 Duo models ran hot enough that Apple actually lowered the clock speed in the next line to keep them cooler, relying on a solid state drive to more than make up for the performance. The newer models, with i5 and i7 processors, run significantly hotter than the previous line, As others have said, this is normal.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes..I did..I got to the mall around 4 a.m. I wasn't bad at all, and plus it was my first Apple store launch day experience so it was pretty cool. I have always bought the iPads at retailers. After they opened, I had my iPad within 30 mins. Only thing that took a while was me making sure I stayed grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. All in all I made it back to the house by 10. Not a bad day! I would do it again instead of pre-ordering. What time did your shipment come?

I think it's cool you stood in line! I kinda want to have the whole launch day apple store experience but with a six year old at home, isn't possible. Enjoy your new iPad my friend! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts