What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repetitive Strain!!!

fscullen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad about 10 months ago and I play a lot of chess on it - lying in bed in the evenings - sometimes for 4 hours at a stretch. After a couple of months I began to get pain in my left shoulder. This got progressively worse and I had a series of cortisone shots which gave some reief but the pain returned. This morning I had pain in my left wrist as well.
Then it suddenly occurred to me that it was probably repetitive strain injury from holding the IPad in my left hand for extended periods. I've now put the iPad in the black case
I bought with it originally and I'm typing this lying in bed with the iPad on my midriff and my left hand and arm completely at rest.
Stupid of me not to have thought of this sooner. I'm pretty sure that has been the problem. I'll confirm this in coming weeks.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, you are definitely right. I got the iPad last August and I started suffering pain in my left wrist and the only thing that was different in my life was my iPad. It gets really heavy if you hold it with left and type with right. It took me a month to figure this out. I never hold it with my left hand now and the pain has gone away! I read a lot! For hours at a time so it was definitely the ipad's weight.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Most reactions

Latest posts