What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light mark on new iPad 3

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my new iPad today. Got a white one as my old 2 was black. Having a good look over it I noticed a small mark on the rear of the device. It's tiny. Maybe the size of a fly. It's just under the 3G bar. Maybe I'm being anal but everytime I look at it I get annoyed and starting to think I should take it back. It maybe small but not what u expect from a new device costing over £550! Has anyone else experienced this with their iPad 3 or just me!? Should I take it back or live with the mark?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That mark alone could affect the resale value of that iPad. You certainly won't be able to claim it is in perfection condition, even if you kept it boxed up for the next year. However, if you know you're going to keep it for a while, it may never been a real issue. You have to decide.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am under the impression, based on my personal experince, that Apple takes customer satisfaction very seriously. I would suggest speaking with them as soon as possible with your concern.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received my new iPad today. Got a white one as my old 2 was black. Having a good look over it I noticed a small mark on the rear of the device. It's tiny. Maybe the size of a fly. It's just under the 3G bar. Maybe I'm being anal but everytime I look at it I get annoyed and starting to think I should take it back. It maybe small but not what u expect from a new device costing over £550! Has anyone else experienced this with their iPad 3 or just me!? Should I take it back or live with the mark?

If it bothers you to the degree that it bothers you, then walk into your nearest store or go to Apple.com to demand a replacement. You certainly don't want something this tiny to keep you awake at night :-/

OP
B

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly what I thought. Nearest store to me is 1 hour drive away tho. Means taking a day off work to collect it. That's if they have any in stock that is. Am I correct in saying if I swap my iPad within the first 14 days they will replace it with a NEW unit and not a reburb unit?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Exactly what I thought. Nearest store to me is 1 hour drive away tho. Means taking a day off work to collect it. That's if they have any in stock that is. Am I correct in saying if I swap my iPad within the first 14 days they will replace it with a NEW unit and not a reburb unit?

Yes. I have never heard of them handing out refurbs.

Last edited:

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I believe you can request an Apple RMA and ship the unit back for a swap instead of driving an hour to get it done physically.

Most reactions

Latest posts