Remorse

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AQ_OC, Apr 17, 2014.

1. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Gosh.....that must be hard! I still have my iPad 2 and mini and now my Air.

I don't think I'd be able to part with any of them at this stage......hubby uses my 2 now!

I still have all my boxes and wrapping too!

We must all be hoarders! ;)

2. Asharp

Asharp
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have a different excuse for my iPad hoarding: Every iPad I stop using for both personal and professional gets used in the classes I teach.

3. Good karma

Good karma
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    When I sold my iPhone 3G and my iPad 1 I had the same feeling if sadness but using the successors makes you forget about it in the long run

4. Elux72

Elux72
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Re: saving the boxes. Besides reminding us of the devices we have or have had, the boxes are really nice! Apple packaging is very stylish and solid looking, in a minimalist way.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

5. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm the same, Everything is saved for the next owner and when it all goes in the box its like a new device, my boxes are immaculate too, With my iPhones the earbuds are new as i don't use them, I even pass on the Apple stickers lol.

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I put my Apple stickers on the backs of my non-Apple laptops. :)

7. Contra

Contra
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I also keep my boxes from my Apple product to my android tablets but when I resell the tablets or iPads the boxes go with them

Sent from my iPad mini using iPF

8. Drew wal

Drew wal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I've still got my ipad 3 box , stickers , inserts etc , also my iPhone 5s box complete with unused headphones ( I used my fannywangs instead ) , paperwork & original receipt on day of launch . If I sell anything on then I repack perfectly and hope the new owner will have the same smile on their face as I did when I unwrapped them .

My boxs I keep in original apple store bags so they're not dented or marked in any way and the new owner gets the bag too :)

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

9. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I just got an email from Amazon. They revised both iPads from "In good condition" to "Like New". So I got more money back than what they originally promised (I had a hard time saying more than "in good condition" because I was using those devices - they were not sitting on the shelf going unused. So all of your "hoarders" who keep everything and case your devices - there is payback (if you want it). Also, the third-party vendors on Amazon were paying much more than Gazelle. Amazon/third-party vendor also paid for shipping, btw.

10. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well that's just so good to hear!

I wish more people were like you in how they describe their iPad/goods to be sold......because heck some say something is perfect and it's not!

And how good to know that Amazon take the time to assess your iPad and make that change for you!

Kudos to you and Amazon and thank you for telling us!!