What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SO? What did you get for Christmas?

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the ZaggMate with Keyboard aluminum case, Wifey received a 64Gb iPad with 3G.
My next gift which is coming in January is a HPI Baja 5SC remote control Truck

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got these incredibly comfortable shoes, the black ones pictured.

I self gifted a Zaggmate case with built in keyboard. Did I mention, peace on earth?

http://vibramfivefingers.com/

Oh Hell No, Matt. You run in those? I am a runner ~ only 2 miles a day.:eek: I know. You guys prolly knock 5-10 miles a day.

What..........ever! lol!

Can you run in those shoes?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh Hell No, Matt. You run in those? I am a runner ~ only 2 miles a day.:eek: I know. You guys prolly knock 5-10 miles a day.

What..........ever! lol!

Can you run in those shoes?

Not to go too far off-topic, but the idea behind shoes like that (Nike makes similar ones) is that it is more like running bare foot. If you run in bare feet (like we all learn as children) you are much more in tune with how you are placing your feet and less likely to be using poor mechanics that lead to running related injuries. My doctor actually suggested that I might try shoes like this after I developed bursitis in my knee this summer (sucks getting old) but I have been too chicken to try them.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To All Of You Who Are Interested in the Fivefingers

vibram soled shoes.....I have had mine since Thanksgiving...but the shoes came in this box that was wrapped up and under tree. I thought I was seeing things and actually had an empty box. But I opened them and my Secret Santa had put 3 toe soxs in them. These can be worn inside your shoes during truly cold weather conditions.

The shoes have to be measured by your longest foot, from heel to longest big toe. They fit very snugly and do not allow any kind of debris to get inside the show while you have them on.

When you first put them on, you have to put your toes in place FIRST and then bring the back of the shoe up and over your heel. The shoe provides really excellent arch support as the strap goes around your foot and goes through the arch support. Unlike regular shoes, you want these to be tight on your feet. But your toes are like in their own separate space so there is no toe movement up against the front of the shoe.

The soles are very thin BUT very durable. I have walked on a river rock bed in the Great Smokey Mountains this past Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. Walking on rough surfaces massages your foot.

The shoes do take a while to get used to. The manufacturer recommends may be two to three days of wear BEFORE going out on the road and running with it.

Running is amazing, it feels like you do not have anything on your feet. It is amazing using it on a threadmill. I checked these out with my Podiatrist and he wanted me to do a stress test on my knees, ankles, shanks, and foot, heel and toe movement. And I passed with no shin splints (this has been my biggest problem with using Nike Runners).

These Vibrams are NOT cheap. US$80 on the webiste for the Ksole model, which is the black model posted.

digikid, they do make these shoes for climbing, for use with snorkling, etc.

DaveST, these are for me, a really good running shoe in that you actually have a totally different body mechanicals since it is a negative heel.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thing with these toe shoes is my feet are princess feet and I don't think I can stand the separation of toes. I can feel every wrinkle in my socks and even have "right and left" socks. Also, wondering about how the impact works for knees. I had an injury several years ago and it is near impossible to run for any given length anymore... I am very interested in these for water shoe/summer time activity though.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Brenn, Princess Feet?

Thing with these toe shoes is my feet are princess feet and I don't think I can stand the separation of toes. I can feel every wrinkle in my socks and even have "right and left" socks. Also, wondering about how the impact works for knees. I had an injury several years ago and it is near impossible to run for any given length anymore... I am very interested in these for water shoe/summer time activity though.

These shoes are not for everyone. I have a friend who has web toes. He cannot use these shoes. If you have high arches, this is another condition that they don't recommend these shoes. When I first got these shoes, I checked with a Podiatrist and with an Orthopedics Doctor since I have sciatica. And they said no problem but give myself time to get used to these kinds of shoes.

Yes, Superbike, these are funny to see when someone wears these shoes.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, probably not for me but dang I wanna try!

RE: princess feet... take it like the story of Princess and the Pea... she could feel a pea through dozen mattresses... my feet, yeah they feel every wrinkle, my laces have to be tied just right and my socks go on the same foot every time.. LOL

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These shoes are not for everyone..

That is what has kept me from trying these shoes. My second toe is quite a bit longer than my big toe (claw feet is what my wife calls them) so I never quite knew how to measure for them.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DaveSt, I don't know where you are in OHIO,

These shoes are not for everyone..

That is what has kept me from trying these shoes. My second toe is quite a bit longer than my big toe (claw feet is what my wife calls them) so I never quite knew how to measure for them.

But if you go that website, they have a store locator and if there is a store that offers this shoe, I would go and see it in person. In my case, there isn't a store in Fort Wayne so I drove down to Indianapolis and found a store in Indy. They let me try on a pair, and I was hooked.

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an Austin Reed bag, iPad Stand, JOOP! spray, money, A nice iPad case but I might sell it because its not very useful to me! i also got an iPad cleaning kit

wow I haven't heard of or smelled the scent Joop in forever. looks like you had a great Xmas!

Most reactions

Latest posts