What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini2/retina

Deano1369

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi people,

I'm currently new to apple products, my question is,

Is the iPad mini 2 the iPad mini retina?

I'm in the market for an iPad mini, I want to purchase the iPad mini2 but all I can find on Amazon is iPad mini/ iPad mini retina/ iPad mini 3??

The iPad mini 2 is the iPad mini retina?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad mini 2 is the first mini with retina. In that case it should be "iPad mini retina", as supposed by you.

OP
Deano1369

Deano1369

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad mini 2 is the first mini with retina. In that case it should be "iPad mini retina", as supposed by you.
That you for the fast reply, I really appreciate it :)

I shall purchase the iPad mini 2 or retina as it's listed on Amazon lol

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That you for the fast reply, I really appreciate it :)

I shall purchase the iPad mini 2 or retina as it's listed on Amazon lol

Hello Deano.... - out of curiosity, I just took a look @ the iPad Minis on Amazon - be careful in your selection, i.e. some are new but others are used or refurbished and seem to come w/ older versions of iOS (e.g. 6 & 7) and would need to by upgraded to iOS 8.1.

Also, you have a number of other decisions to make - a few are your storage size (low is 16 GB & high can be up to 128 GB depending on the model) & whether you want a cellular feature.

Not sure 'what' your budget may be but check out Apple online or a local Apple store, if available - there are other 'brick & mortar' places, such as Best Buy. Good luck and please post back w/ further questions. Dave :)

P.S. if you do go w/ Amazon, make sure there is some type of warranty and an option to purchase Apple Care, if you desire?

OP
Deano1369

Deano1369

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Deano.... - out of curiosity, I just took a look @ the iPad Minis on Amazon - be careful in your selection, i.e. some are new but others are used or refurbished and seem to come w/ older versions of iOS (e.g. 6 & 7) and would need to by upgraded to iOS 8.1.

Also, you have a number of other decisions to make - a few are your storage size (low is 16 GB & high can be up to 128 GB depending on the model) & whether you want a cellular feature.

Not sure 'what' your budget may be but check out Apple online or a local Apple store, if available - there are other 'brick & mortar' places, such as Best Buy. Good luck and please post back w/ further questions. Dave :)

P.S. if you do go w/ Amazon, make sure there is some type of warranty and an option to purchase Apple Care, if you desire?

Hi and thank you for the reply, I was only browsing Amazon due to there cheaper on there then the usual retailers, but now you've said this I will certainly double check, I may just pop to tesco and pay the extra £15 they have it at, that way I can be sure I have a years gaurntee. Also dosent Apple have a standerd years warranty with there products?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi and thank you for the reply, I was only browsing Amazon due to there cheaper on there then the usual retailers, but now you've said this I will certainly double check, I may just pop to tesco and pay the extra £15 they have it at, that way I can be sure I have a years gaurntee. Also dosent Apple have a standerd years warranty with there products?

Concerning warranties, sure Apple has a 1 year limited warranty on their new iPads purchased from the proper sources which can be extended w/ Apple Care; BUT, if you are considering third party sellers of used or refurbished iPads, then you would need to check their warranty offerings which may be non-existent or quite limited (e.g. 90 days only) - Dave :)

OP
Deano1369

Deano1369

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Concerning warranties, sure Apple has a 1 year limited warranty on their new iPads purchased from the proper sources which can be extended w/ Apple Care; BUT, if you are considering third party sellers of used or refurbished iPads, then you would need to check their warranty offerings which may be non-existent or quite limited (e.g. 90 days only) - Dave :)
I think I'll steer clear of Amazon then tbh and head over to tesco lol :) thanks again

dave.chugg.3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd also advise buying a refurbished one direct from the Apple refurbished store online. They are like new and come with 1 year warranty and have a useful saving over the new item.
I speak from experience as I am typing this on my (new) refurb iPad Mini 2 now...

Most reactions

Latest posts