What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders

KittyInTheFedora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to actually use this app, because
a) I can't delete it and
b) it seems like it could be useful.
But I can't create "folders", and I'm really annoyed by it. I went on the iPad guide thing that is in the default bookmarks when you get an iPad, and tried what it told me to do, but it just won't work. (it said to tap "list", then "edit", and that would create a folder, but it doesn't.)

Anyone else figured it out who might be able to tell me how to do it?

Thanks!
Kitty :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here's a quick guide.

MakeList.jpg

OP
KittyInTheFedora

KittyInTheFedora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I think I have attached a screenshot of my iPad when I tried what you suggested. I opened reminders, clicked edit, the lists moved over, but no delete options came up, and no "add new" options came up. Does it matter if i have iOS5?

Attachments

• image-3826494167.png
    image-3826494167.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 306

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Reminders came with iOS 5, so you pretty much have to have it, or a later.

Try going to Settings > iCloud and turn the Reminders sync off, then on.

kristinattu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an issue with reminders and wanted to add it here for help rather than starting a new thread. One day, after the addition of reminders, reminders showed up as a calendar in my calendar. Then I added a bunch of iCloud calendars so I could color code my iPad calendar and the reminders disappeared. Anyone know how to get it back?? Alternatively, if there is a free to do list app that links up with calendar and has features that reminders does not have (like being able to reorder tasks on a list), I would like to try it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Reminders should not show up in your iPad Calendar app; so I don't know what you were seeing. Depending on your email provider and your sync settings they may show up on your website calendar. The Calendar app on the icloud.com site combines reminders and events into one app. It can only be accessed from computer's browser though.

There are a number of todo/calendar apps. Pocket Informant is one of the popular ones. I don't use it, and can't remember the names of the other popular apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts