What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard App

CambridgeAtkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I am in need of an app to change the letter case of the iPad keyboard. After doing some research, it looks like there are no apps for this, only some code for a "jailbroken" iPad. Jailbreaking the iPad is not an option for me. I've decided I need to figure out how to make the app or get it created myself. Can anyone tell me if it is actually possible to have an app that changes the case of the keyboard? Would it be an easy app to create?
Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure there are ways to create an app that'll display different case selection for a keyboard. There may even be some already in the AppStore (disclaimer: I haven't looked).

However, the only thing to keep in mind is the "problem" faced by developers of all third-party keyboard apps - there is no way to make any keyboard you make or install the default keyboard (short of doing a jail break). You will always have to use the keyboard as its own separate entity in its own app. For any text input, the default Apple keyboard will appear.

It's one of the annoyances [(to some) of the Apple ecosystem - that you can't change the default keyboard. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts