Organizing Bookmarks into Folders

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by SPROINGY, Dec 1, 2015.

1. SPROINGY

SPROINGY
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,
    I have quite a few bookmarks. I want to organize bookmarks of a related general topic, e.g. "Nutrition," or "Science," - whatever, into folders. So, I create a folder, give it an appropriate name, but the bookmarks won't go into the folder. When I move the bookmark up to the folder, the folder slides away, up or down, rather than staying still and allowing the bookmark to go into the folder.

Can anyone please tell me how to make the bookmarks go into the folders?

It's easy enough to organize apps on the home screen into folders, I'd think it would be the same with bookmarks, but so far, for me, it isn't.

Thanks!

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've just tried to place several of my home screen bookmarks into a folder and had no problem at all. It worked exactly the same as placing regular apps in folders. I also tried placing apps and bookmarks in the same folder and that worked as well.
    Placing bookmarks into existing app folders worked as well.

3. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you try this in Safari, it works different.
    First, tap the booknicon at the top left, next to the address bar. At the bottom, you´ll find "Edit". Select it. Then scroll to the bookmark you intend to put into a folder and tap it (not the red button, that would delete it). The next thing you´ll see is something like this:
    image.jpeg
    Tap the location, it will show you the folders you´ve created before. Select one of them, and tap "Done" at the bottom.

4. SPROINGY

SPROINGY
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, guys. I'll give it another go! It should be so easy, and no doubt it is when you know how.

I'll do more extensive searches before I post in future, too.